Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Some queries about some REB1200's I just picked up...

I was able to get 3 REB1200's (new) recently.

All are V2.0, and I seem to be able to use my EBWLibrarian software
(from ebookwise) to put books on them.

Is there any need, therefore, for me to update the firmware to v.4.x?

From what I can gather, v.2.0 and v.3.3+ all allow personal content.
The difference is that I must convert to .res files (which I've been
doing anyways) and can't use the .imp files directly.

Is this correct?

As well, do any of you know of a Canadian source for the power
converter? I only have one at this juncture, though the person who
sold them to me is searching for the missing 2 in his basement.

Thanks!

David
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I was able to get 3 REB1200's (new) recently.

All are V2.0, and I seem to be able to use my EBWLibrarian software
(from ebookwise) to put books on them.

Is there any need, therefore, for me to update the firmware to v.4.x?

From what I can gather, v.2.0 and v.3.3+ all allow personal content.
The difference is that I must convert to .res files (which I've been
doing anyways) and can't use the .imp files directly.

Is this correct?

As well, do any of you know of a Canadian source for the power
converter? I only have one at this juncture, though the person who
sold them to me is searching for the missing 2 in his basement.

Thanks!

David
That is basically correct. Upgrading the software does correct a few other things. Check the ETI site for details on exactly what is fixed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
How are people accessing the ETI site, eveytime I try to go there, it times out.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/home.htm
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
hmm...maybe I should try a different browser, I can't get to it
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
hmm...maybe I should try a different browser, I can't get to it
check the DNS on your Internet settings. Perhaps you are using an incorrect one.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote