Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Page Rotation in Adobe Digital Editions

I have just accessed a Public Library eBook repository. It has forced me to download Adobe Digital Editions and the borrowed book does appear in the reader of Adobe Digital Editions. I have no hardware eBook reader and was planning to do what I do when reading PDFs. I rotate the page and turn my 11.5" laptop thoughts 90 degrees so i have a portrait screen.

I can see no way to rotate the page in adobe Digital Editions. Am I missing something/ Must I download another ePub reader to achieve this. which software reader should I try? How will Adobe Digital Editions pass its DRM key to the software ePub reader?

Thanks.
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Would it not be much easier just to get a proper book reader? They're very affordable these days. I don't know of any PC reading software other than ADE which supports Adobe's DRM, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
You can rotate the whole screen. For Windows XP, you can find directions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5146797_rota...indows-xp.html
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
I have just accessed a Public Library eBook repository. It has forced me to download Adobe Digital Editions and the borrowed book does appear in the reader of Adobe Digital Editions. I have no hardware eBook reader and was planning to do what I do when reading PDFs. I rotate the page and turn my 11.5" laptop thoughts 90 degrees so i have a portrait screen.

I can see no way to rotate the page in adobe Digital Editions. Am I missing something/ Must I download another ePub reader to achieve this. which software reader should I try? How will Adobe Digital Editions pass its DRM key to the software ePub reader?

Thanks.
When you connect the ADE compatible reader, it will be 'found' by Digital Editions..
You are given a opportunity to register the device to your account (there is a account device limit that can't be exceeded).
Once the device is registered to the SAME account as the book, you can copy the book to the device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
When you connect the ADE compatible reader, it will be 'found' by Digital Editions..
You are given a opportunity to register the device to your account (there is a account device limit that can't be exceeded).
Once the device is registered to the SAME account as the book, you can copy the book to the device.
The OP doesn't have a reading device - that's the whole point of his question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... I don't know of any PC reading software other than ADE which supports Adobe's DRM, I'm afraid.
The Sony software does (or at least Reader Library 3.3 does). But I don't think it will do what the OP wants.

Labrum, do the ebooks you have allow printing (go to the main window, book list, click on the arrow in the top left corner of the book, and pick Item Info)? If so. I'm guessing you could use ADE to print them to a PDF rotated 90 degrees, and then read the PDF?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is an answer to my question:

http://lifehacker.com/5468581/turn-y...-e+book-reader

It suggests this simple utility which rotates the screen and the track
pad.

https://sites.google.com/site/vkedwardli/eeerotate

You end up with the keyboard on the right. I would prefer rotation the
other way and the keyboard on the left. This places the PgUp, PgDn and
arrow keys at the bottom of the reader, under the left thumb. I must
explore more. I could just use the Video Card options to rotate the
other way. The trackpad may be configurable separately. eeerotate,
however does everything at a key press.

Does anyone know of a similar but configurable utility to eeerotate?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
Here is an answer to my question:

http://lifehacker.com/5468581/turn-y...-e+book-reader

It suggests this simple utility which rotates the screen and the track
pad.

https://sites.google.com/site/vkedwardli/eeerotate

You end up with the keyboard on the right. I would prefer rotation the
other way and the keyboard on the left. This places the PgUp, PgDn and
arrow keys at the bottom of the reader, under the left thumb. I must
explore more. I could just use the Video Card options to rotate the
other way. The trackpad may be configurable separately. eeerotate,
however does everything at a key press.

Does anyone know of a similar but configurable utility to eeerotate?
A free program that allows you to rotate the screen in any direction:
irotate.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/irotate.shtm
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #9
Labarum
Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll have a look at that, but I have explore my video driver software and I have set up the hotkeys Cntr-Alt-L for landscape and Cntr-Alt-P for portrait. It works a treat and rotates more usage to follow.