Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #601
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
You will also need to factor in GST and the changes (increases) in other Australian taxes and import costs as well. It does get complicated for sure.

Back in the day, I would happily pay $4.99 for a paperback. Now even with my income much, much higher, I would NOT buy a paperback unless it was of extreme interest.

Without a cheaper ebook version, I would go back to buying at second hand stores like I used to do. I refuse to pay $23 for a 300 page paperback.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #602
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Actually, that wasn't a 1980 price.

A 1980 paperback would have been more like 2.95. 5.00 would have been a big fat book, in the mid 1980s.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #603
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
TheArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
<TheArchive> 8,12I have 95 match(es) for Rex Stout in listfile: TheArchive. Type @TheArchive to obtain the whole list
<TheArchive> !TheArchive Rex Stout - [Nero Wolfe] - Before Midnight (v1.0) [rtf].rar...
I guess I haven't heard about "TheArchive". I tried seaching for it but only found "Internet Archive" that obviously is not the same.

Last edited by bobcdy; 11-09-2010 at 02:06 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #604
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I guess I haven't heard about "TheArchive". I tried seaching for it but only found "Internet Archive" that obviously is not the same.
It's a bot on IRC channel, one of many.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #605
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I recently got a Sony 650, and I just bought a $10 book, which I can't read, because ADE and Sony Reader software says I've had too many authorizations...

I have tried everything in my power to get these things to work, but they won't let me...

If anyone have any pages, where I can download my book (Short History of Nearly Everything) I would appreciate a PM...

Thank you...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #606
Thjan
book addict
Thjan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-650
Apprenticealf will help you. Google will happily show you the way to his weblog.
Thjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #607
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I recently got a Sony 650, and I just bought a $10 book, which I can't read, because ADE and Sony Reader software says I've had too many authorizations...

I have tried everything in my power to get these things to work, but they won't let me...

If anyone have any pages, where I can download my book (Short History of Nearly Everything) I would appreciate a PM...

Thank you...
Ask Adobe to reset your authorisations.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #608
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
You open what Adobe calls a Web Case here (right hand column): http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

They generally take about a day to reset your authorizations.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #609
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thjan View Post
Apprenticealf will help you. Google will happily show you the way to his weblog.
Thanks for that tip! I was having trouble finding a good all-in-one site with decent instructions.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote