Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
A Confederacy of Dunces Kindle Edition Finally!

Sony Reader Store too. I don't know if the ebook editions were published yesterday or as long as a month or more ago, but I do know I have been clicking on that Amazon link to publishers for a long, long time. I just noticed now.

This Pulitzer Prize winner is one of my all time favorite reads, and I wanted to share the good news. If you aren't familiar with it, read some of the almost 1000 reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/A-Confederacy-...3996809&sr=1-1

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/joh...00000000184117
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Oh sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Thanks. I looked for this several times awhile back. I didn't realize it was a Pulitzer Prize winner but it's one of my all time favorites, too.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

The bad news is that it's a TOPAZ file. I can't get it onto my jetBook.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
The bad news is that it's a TOPAZ file. I can't get it onto my jetBook.
Can you get it from Sony and strip the DRM? I can't remember what formats the jetbook takes.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
Sony Reader Store too. I don't know if the ebook editions were published yesterday or as long as a month or more ago, but I do know I have been clicking on that Amazon link to publishers for a long, long time. I just noticed now.

This Pulitzer Prize winner is one of my all time favorite reads, and I wanted to share the good news. If you aren't familiar with it, read some of the almost 1000 reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/A-Confederacy-...3996809&sr=1-1

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/joh...00000000184117

You may like Laurence Sterne's "Life and times of tristem and shandy" kind of in the same vein....also Good Soldier Schweik
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
galavanter
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Can you get it from Sony and strip the DRM? I can't remember what formats the jetbook takes.
I don't know. It took me considerable time and effort to learn how to DDRM the Amazon files. I actually have a pdf I found online that I converted to epub. It reads fine.

Thanks hidari, I'll check them out.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
LJL
Enthusiast
LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
One of my all-time favorites! It's one of those books that I wish I never read, so that I could experience reading it again for the first time.
LJL is offline   Reply With Quote