Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Thumbs up Improved Sony Book Store Opens Friday 11/14/08!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sonyupdate.jpg
Views:	1588
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	17778
Looks like the new, improved Sony eBook Store will be opening Friday at 9:00 a.m.! I got the following announcement in my email today:

Quote:
Dear Fellow Reader,

We are excited to announce a new version of our store launching later this week.

Our enhancements will include larger cover images, more book information, expanded categories, and improved search to make your online shopping experience more enjoyable.

As a result, the eBook Store from Sony will be unavailable from 9:00pm PST on Thursday, November 13 through 9:00am PST on Friday, November 14 (12am-12pm EST). Please make sure to complete all pending purchases before 9:00pm PST on Nov. 13 (12am EST).

The new store will be opening 9:00am PST on Nov. 14 (12pm EST). We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

The eBook Store Team

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 11-12-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: adding image for frontpage post.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Should be interesting to see what they do.

Maybe they're going to intergrate others stores selling ePub books directly into the connect software, like the Mobipocket Reader does.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31843 for the thread on the new Sony eBookstore. We don't need multiple threads on the same topic.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31843 for the thread on the new Sony eBookstore. We don't need multiple threads on the same topic.
Recursion is a wonderful thing. I guess you really meant the thread that you created over in the News section. Personally, I wouldn't have seen that other post, because this is the section I'm in most of the time.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing an improvement in the store functionality. The screenshot in the email looks reasonably promising from what you can see.

Last edited by anotherchance; 11-11-2008 at 11:09 PM.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Hmmm, I did not see "more books" in the enhancements. I hope they're also planning to upgrade their library software. It desperately needs one!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Looks like the new, improved Sony eBook Store will be opening Friday at 9:00 a.m.! I got the following announcement in my email today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
Recursion is a wonderful thing. I guess you really meant the thread that you created over in the News section. Personally, I wouldn't have seen that other post, because this is the section I'm in most of the time.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing an improvement in the store functionality. The screenshot in the email looks reasonably promising from what you can see.
That's why I posted it here. I don't visit many other forums other than here or the deals and freebies area either.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I just opened my email and came over here to see what you think! I know a lot of people do not buy from Sony, but at the moment, for various reasons, I do and I am excited about the idea of an improved storefront!

Sony images are blocked at work, so my email didn't have any pictures; I'll have to check them out when I get home.

I second the comments about the other forum -- I'm not interested in what is going on in ebook/eReader world, just what's going on in Sony PRS505 land, so if I hadn't seen this thread, I would have assumed that nobody cares.

I'm hoping it is easier to navigate. Right now my best way to find books is to use some other site and then search by author on the Sony site.

I'm also frustrated at how difficult it is to add books to my cart. It seems like it is a multi-step, tedious process -- I'd like to be able to buy a book as soon as I see the title in the search index, without actually having to go to the book's main page first.

I'm hoping both of these things are improved, although faster loading would make those issues less discouraging!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
I hope they will include first chapters free to sample.
I just bought Sony PRS-505 and plan on knowing more from this forum.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
SONY's Ebookstore is offering 25% of a single item until 15 NOV with the code:

NOVEMBERREADS

I just used it, but have a sinking feeling that it may not work immediately after the reboot.

Y'all are welcome to use it/try it. Found it in the "Freebies" Forum, which is an amazingly wonderful & useful sect
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Thanks. Unfortunately I just purchased a book the other day and I could have used this. Darn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
SONY's Ebookstore is offering 25% of a single item until 15 NOV with the code:

NOVEMBERREADS

I just used it, but have a sinking feeling that it may not work immediately after the reboot.

Y'all are welcome to use it/try it. Found it in the "Freebies" Forum, which is an amazingly wonderful & useful sect
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
I hope they will include first chapters free to sample.
I just bought Sony PRS-505 and plan on knowing more from this forum.
Hi Spectrum and welcome to the forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I dunno... looks kinda flat to me...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I am very excited to check out the new site. I just bought my PRS-505 this past week and haven't purchased anything yet. I have downloaded my free 100 classics. I too hope they add the first chapter free feature. I think that is a huge boon for Kindle users and I can't help but think it would boost book sales for the Sony as well.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #14
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Those coupons (?) come through about every 5-6 weeks (approx.) I watch for it and usually use it the same day.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
HistoryWes--

Congrats on your new 505! One thing you may want to do is check out the books that are posted at this website. Many of the classics are available--and have much better formatting than those provided by the Sony store.

Enjoy your reader!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote