Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Appealing decisions to delete posts

I just had a post deleted by Dr. Dib for what I believe were mistaken reasons. This brought to mind the arbitrariness with which moderators can act in deleting posts.

I would like to see MR take such posts and isolate them, not delete them, and give the writer of the post an opportunity to defend the merits of the post before a panel of moderators. If the defense is successful, the post would be reinstated; if unsuccsseful, it would be deleted. This would avoid the perception that moderators either are not reading a post entirely or are misreading it and arbitrarily deleting a post.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All posts are "soft deleted", meaning that they can be restored.

If you disagree with a moderating decision, please send a PM to "Alexander Turcic", the owner of the board.

It is worth nothing that all moderating decisions are TEAM decisions. The PM comes from one team member, certainly, but all such decisions are discussed.

We are certainly not perfect, and do make mistakes from time to time, but nothing is ever permanently deleted for that very reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks, Harry, I didn't know that messages were "soft" deleted or that a decision to delete a message was made by more than one moderator although communicated by one. I'll keep this in mind.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote