Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How Many Books on Your Device?
I load only what I'm reading at the moment 2 1.47%
I load just a few...10 or less 8 5.88%
I load 50 or less 27 19.85%
I load 100 or less......gotta have a decent selection to choose from! 22 16.18%
200 or less 22 16.18%
300 or less 17 12.50%
400 or less 0 0%
500 or less 8 5.88%
600 or less 5 3.68%
700 or less 2 1.47%
800 or less 3 2.21%
900 or less 1 0.74%
1000 or less 0 0%
1001+ (please let us know how many!) 11 8.09%
I load every e-book I have and love the ability to do so! 19 13.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
How Many Books on Your Reader?

How many books do you carry on your reader?

Do you have an sd card slot?

If you are fortunate enough to have folders, how do you sort them?

Please post on why you carry the books you do. Or anything else you'd like to comment on.

I've just topped 700 on my k1, and show no visible slowing down in page turning. It does take a little longer to 'wake up', but not much.

Its multiple choice.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 10-15-2009 at 11:11 AM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Only about 25 or so until I get time to convert more. Eventually should be around 1,500 for now.

Quote:
Micro SD, yes.

Quote:
One folder for each author. Toying with throwing a 'series order' file into folders where relevant.

Quote:
Please post on why you carry the books you do. Or anything else you'd like to comment on.
I want to carry everything I have.

Right now I'm using the Opus as my regular reader. What I'd like is to have a small reader for 'out and about' type use and a larger one for around the house. I want them both to support the same format and at this point I'm leaning towards ePub being that format. The only thing I'm using my Kindle for right now is to have access to Amazon for books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
At the moment there are 83 items on my reader, nine of which I'm actively reading. Seven of them are books I'm reading and two of them are syllabuses for courses I'm taking from The Teaching Company. A few are reference books and three are Bibles (2 Christian, 1 Jewish). A couple of them are books waiting to be read, and the rest are samples I've downloaded from Amazon that I haven't checked out yet.

I'm doing better. A couple of weeks ago, I had (if I recall correctly) around 120 items, including about 20 items in my "currently reading" list. My goal is to stay under ten.

Everything else is stored on my computer, and, of course, the books bought from Amazon are also stored on their servers.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
[/QUOTE]

No; like you, I have a Kindle.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I keep about 140 books on my Sony. I only keep unread books on it. As soon as I finish a book, I delete it. I do have backup copies of all my ebooks in several places, should I ever want to reload a deleted book.

I don't sort them because I don't plan to keep them. Again, once read they are deeted.

My approach to ebooks is perhaps a bit odd. I consider my ebooks to be disposable books -- read them once then toss them. They are the paperbacks of my reading existence. Books that I care about and may want to reread, I buy in hardcover. These are the books I intend to pass on to my grandchildren, books that do more than provide a few minutes of entertainment. These are also books from favorite authors, be they fiction or nonfiction. For example, I buy David Weber's novels in hardcover because I consider his books worth owning in my permanent library. OTOH, I only by Dave Duncan's books as ebooks -- they are generally good reads but not ones I care about keeping as a permanent part of my library.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I keep about 150 on my K2. When I was using the K1 and had an SD, I kept everything on the card. i sort of miss the card, but using Calibre with its e-mail capacity eases the sting quite a lot.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Around forty.

Quote:
Yes, I've a normal SD card.

Quote:
I've a Cybook, so soon, with the release of the new firmware

Quote:
I feel overwhelmed when I carry too much books, I prefer it in this way.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I initially loaded about 100 ebooks on my device when I first got it and have just been adding new books and/or series when I get them. I guess I'll have enough room for about another 50 before I need to start using a memory card or removing some.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
All of them. At least, on my JE100, I need to convert most of them still to read on my Mini.

Yep, both on them. I have my books on the MicroSD on my JE100 and I need a new SD card for my Mini.

The JE100 uses Mobipocket Reader, so I do have my files in a folder structure, even though the application ignores them. The Mini does show the folders and I use the same folder structure:

Author - Book
Author - Series - Book

Please post on why you carry the books you do.
I like to have a choice. When I finish a book, I want to be able to pick any book I have without having to search for it on my PC. Everything at one place, love it!

Or anything else you'd like to comment on.
I need to convert more books, so I can read them on my Mini! I'm reading a different book on my Mini as on my JE100. I've no idea how many books I have...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I tried to choose "200 or fewer" but that option wasn't available. So I just had to settle for "200 or less."

[taking cover from DG's incoming stick of correction]

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I tried to choose "200 or fewer" but that option wasn't available. So I just had to settle for "200 or less."

[taking cover from DG's incoming stick of correction]

Xenophon
Good catch.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
I have about 120 right now, and growing.
I do have an sd card-8gig. I haven't even scratched the surface of the space!
I like to have all my books with me. I never know when I'll be stuck somewhere waiting and want to read, but I don't want to read a classic, I'm in the mood for a mystery.... The possibilities are endless (sort of ) when I have my whole library right in front of me.
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The or less mean I can vote for 1000 or less as long as I have at least one book on my 505.

We should have something like...

Just the one I am reading now
2-10
11-50
50-99
100-199
200-299
300-399
400-499
500-599
600-699
700-799
800-899
900-999
1000 or more (explain)

That would make it so I don't have so many correct answers to choose from that all fit what I have on my 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The or less mean I can vote for 1000 or less as long as I have at least one book on my 505.

We should have something like...

Just the one I am reading now
2-10
11-50
50-99
100-199
200-299
300-399
400-499
500-599
600-699
700-799
800-899
900-999
1000 or more (explain)

That would make it so I don't have so many correct answers to choose from that all fit what I have on my 505.
'sigh.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
'sigh.

``
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
I use an SD card with my Sony 700 so I'm able to carry around close to 1400 books. (I've still got a bunch of files that I need to convert to LRF which is the only reason I don't have all the books I own on the reader.) I do have a number of collections, though, to make my life easier; I've always sorted my pbooks by genre so the habit has carried on with ebooks. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about lugging around 3 or 4 pbooks the way I used to do so purse size is no longer dictated by how many books it can hold! Besides, it's great to not run out of reading material while using public transportation or travelling.
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote