Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #16
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Phew, glad it went ok, Alex. I could care less if the users had to wait a bit to get on. That isn't much of an inconvenience. I was just worried something might go wrong and you'd be stuck there pulling your hair out for hours, days. Glad Murphy held back this time.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thank you guys... of course it wouldn't work without all your help!

Maintenance is complete. Enjoy your Sunday!
nicely done alex ! i didn't notice a thing (from my bed, where i was sleeping).

thank you for all your hard work. we really appreciate it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
And I slept right through it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I was online at the time, and I didn't notice anything . Must have gone down and come back up while I was reading one message!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Glad Murphy held back this time.
Oh but he didn't. There was a small hickup... one software update replaced a custom script we wrote, a script responsible for spawning the web processes. So things didn't start immediately. Luckily, we keep lots of backups.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh but he didn't. There was a small hickup... one software update replaced a custom script we wrote, a script responsible for spawning the web processes. So things didn't start immediately. Luckily, we keep lots of backups.
heh. and you call that "a small hickup". i'm glad i'm not the one doing the updates. (of course, my "small hickup" this weekend is a dead computer, replaced by a shiny new computer, so i'm reinstalling everything. arg. so i can sympathise with you very well.) luckily we keep lots of backups.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Glad that was the worst of it. Seems like you know what you are doing, or can act like it fairly well.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
I feel your pain Zelda. I got back from two weeks on the road and as I walk in the door my 20 year old son tells me the servre is dead. 1 tera byte drive of data gone. Luckley the drive controler died not the drive. Now I have two T byte drives but only one Wester Digital enclosure for it.
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMascaro View Post
I feel your pain Zelda. I got back from two weeks on the road and as I walk in the door my 20 year old son tells me the servre is dead. 1 tera byte drive of data gone. Luckley the drive controler died not the drive. Now I have two T byte drives but only one Wester Digital enclosure for it.
i appreciate the sympathy ! as for your drive... take heart, if it's just the enclosure, it's not a problem. you can get a new one, or you can get a universal IDE / SATA to USB adaptor and use it without an enclosure.