Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Problems with Sony Reader s/w on Mountain Lion (Mac)

After recently upgrading my Mac from Lion (10.7) to Mountain Lion (10.8) I find the Sony Reader software takes about 5 minutes to start syncing books, beachballing all this time.

I've upgraded the Sony Reader software too, but it hasn't helped.

Is anyone else seeing this on Mountain Lion?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Sony Reader

Hello chrisridd,

I see you are having troubles with your Sony Reader. Please visit our eSupport site at http://esupport.sony.com You will need your model# for more information on your product.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Josh James
SonySupport USA
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonylistens View Post
Hello chrisridd,

I see you are having troubles with your Sony Reader. Please visit our eSupport site at http://esupport.sony.com You will need your model# for more information on your product.
Will do, thanks for the note.

Chris
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
chrisridd
Guru

Sadly, I just got an unhelpful response that Sony only support 10.5.8, 10.6.6 and 10.7, and not 10.8.

They also didn't read that I said the Sony software & firmware was up to date, and asked me to update things.

So all in all pretty useless :-(

Is there a good straightforward description of how to use Calibre to sync with a T1?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
in a nutshell:
1 download calibre for os x.

2 create a library for your side-load managed books (choose a spot on your HDD volume where you like it.)

3 connect prs-t1 via micro usb cable.

4 calibre will recognized the device.

5 sideload epub formatted books to the device location (choose internal or microSD card slot -- if you have a card inserted)

advanced options:
use the calibre server option and connect the T1 via same wifi network to the calibre library and download books to your prs-t1.

Good luck
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
chrisridd
Guru

Pretty simple, thanks tvuongpham! I was expecting some sort of hairy device identification/plugin config.

Sony support got me to do a complete hard reset of my T1 followed by a re-authorisation (Sony store, Adobe ID) and so far I have to say that it is now syncing really well. No slow downs at all, if anything it is faster than it used to be.

So maybe there was some garbage on the device that caused the sync issues.