Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
dosser
dosser began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
--with-library not working in portable

Whatever i try, i can't get calibre-portable started with a given library.

The link is:

D:\calibre\calibre-portable.exe --wih-library x:\library\

Calibre starts without the library ;-((

Any hints for me ?

regards
dosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot control what library Calibre portable starts in - the path is hard coded relative to the calibre-portable.exe program (over-riding the path you were trying to specify). If you want a different library you have to switch to it after the portable Calibre is running.

Maybe you would be better off using the calibre-portable.bat file from the Calibre resources folder for the basis of what you are trying to do? That is a little more effort to set up but does give you explicit control over placement of files.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
dosser
dosser began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You cannot control what library Calibre portable starts in - the path is hard coded relative to the calibre-portable.exe program
Seems i did not find this solution in the manual ;-((

Thank you for the fast and helpfull response.

regards
dosser is offline   Reply With Quote