Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #166
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
My library has a large selection. I have been building a long wishlist so there is always something that is available immediately while I wait in hold lines on the rest.
Most of the titles I'd read are generally available, so wait lists would be rare for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #167
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh, that's my Southern Accent.
Oh and here I thought you just had a lisp.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Oh and here I thought you just had a lisp.
Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #169
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Silly monkey!

Funny clip though, you think it would play on the Sony T1?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #170
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
To keep people from getting into trouble, discussing suspensions/bannings is against MobileRead policy.
Ok, I gotta know, what kinda touble can I get myself into on this, seemingly, dangerous forum?

Don't want no trouble, don't even want news, no news is good news.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #171
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
It isn't all the readers they can make, but rather all the readers they are making. Big difference. Yes, they're limited by how many they can buy, but as I said before to you, why would eInk give them temporary exclusivity on the pearl displays, but then limit the number of displays they could buy to a number lower than that of the competition. Supply isn't the problem, no matter how much you rant and rave about it.
And you know this how?
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #172
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
And you know this how?
Logic, and various reports I've seen.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #173
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
Ok, I gotta know, what kinda touble can I get myself into on this, seemingly, dangerous forum?
I think that the trouble was in another section of the forum if it was recent, because I didn't notice the commotion.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #174
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I think that the trouble was in another section of the forum if it was recent, because I didn't notice the commotion.
Part was cleaned up and removed, part was not in public (personal messages and the like). That's about all that can be said, since the forum rules do state that moderation decisions aren't to be openly and overtly discussed (which I do agree in part with, since it can cause derision among the community as some mod decisions can be unpopular despite being for the good of the community at large).
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #175
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Part was cleaned up and removed, part was not in public (personal messages and the like). That's about all that can be said, since the forum rules do state that moderation decisions aren't to be openly and overtly discussed (which I do agree in part with, since it can cause derision among the community as some mod decisions can be unpopular despite being for the good of the community at large).
It's just a little odd because I normally assume that when a heavy poster doesn't show up, they are just on vacation or something.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #176
Hellmark
Wizard

Quote:
It's just a little odd because I normally assume that when a heavy poster doesn't show up, they are just on vacation or something.
Yeah, only way you really notice is if you happen to read a post and it has "Banned" slapped under their name. With Rockdaman, I found out because I was going to give him karma on a post I liked, and banned people cannot receive karma.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #177
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The Harry Potter Version will have the first book for free already loaded and possibly come with a case. Same price as the regular verasion.
HUH??? Where pray tell did you get this information from?

For a limited time the black Sony T1 will come with a coupon for a free download of the first Harry Potter book. So far that is all that has been announced by Sony. No idea where you've come up with this other stuff besides wishful thinking.

Any special edition reader I've seen Sony make has never come with the book preloaded. It's always been a coupon for the free download from the Sony store.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #178
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah, only way you really notice is if you happen to read a post and it has "Banned" slapped under their name. With Rockdaman, I found out because I was going to give him karma on a post I liked, and banned people cannot receive karma.
He's banned?! Damn it, he was funny, and everybody was going: Rock will comment on this in 5,4,3,2 ...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #179
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Any special edition reader I've seen Sony make has never come with the book preloaded. It's always been a coupon for the free download from the Sony store.
If the special edition ones would come with the whole series, I would probably get one.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #180
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
If the special edition ones would come with the whole series, I would probably get one.
Same here. It would be a less expensive way to pick up a different e-reader.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote