Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
Stevecvo
Stevecvo began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I live in Portugal and have both UK and Portuguese credit cards plus a Visa Electron card from my Portuguese bank. This latter card works in cash machines and credit card machines at stores etc but unlike a UK debit card it cannot be used for other types of purchases eg online. I would check whether your card is the same type of thing.

I have recently tried to purchase Kindle books for my Ipad without success. I have logged onto my Amazon account which links to my UK credit card and which I used previously for online purchases delivered by post or by courier but it tells me that I cannot order through the UK site from Portugal. Presumably it is reading my IP address. I have logged on the Amazon.com which shows prices in dollars but again I am told that I cannot order from that site.

How do you get access to Kindle books in English from Portugal?
Stevecvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
I already solved the problem. Now I have a virtual pre paid credit card for internet purchases only, when I want to buy something I just transfer money to the pre paid and buy it through there.

In case someone has the same problem I'm using "webuy" from Caixa Geral de Depósitos in case you have the same problem and same bank
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
Stevecvo

Which Amazon site do you log on to in order to get books which are available for download in Portugal? I can't seem to get to this p+opint.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Are you trying to buy them in Portuguese?
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
In the main site, http://www.amazon.com/. AFAIK only British can get books from .co.uk site.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #21
Stevecvo

After a lot of trying I finally managed to get Kindle books from the Amazon.co.uk site. I have successfully downloaded both free and paid for books. Very frustrating while it would not work but great now it does. I also managed to get an app for my cheapo android tablet and now I can access the site via my PC and downlaod from there to both the Ipad and the android tablet.

Tags
credit card, europe, kindle, kindle books, portugal