Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
aidren
Edge User

Custom Wallpapers

I've set a custom wallpaper for the ereader and now I want to set it back to one of the entourage images.

1) How do I do that?

2) Where do I find the entourage images?

I haven't been able to find instructions for resetting to default image or where to find their images.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Menu - Settings - Sound & Display - Reader Default Wallpaper.

Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Thank you.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Clumsygal
Edge User

Hi, I know I should split my questions into relevant threads... but i find it more convenient to do it my way ...

Related topic:

See, now I have a picture file which i want to set on my wallpaper and the picture is in the library, so how can I get it on my edge background? and how can I find the Library in the internal storage, going through folder directory?

The thing is I want to read books from my SD card, not to put too many books in Library coz Im afraid I slow down things as it is all on the internal storage right? but whenever I add new books from my USB, I have only one option going through Library (my computer does not recognize my SD card anymore and USB is the only way i can transfer my files on to my edge). Is there anyway I can copy my files back from Library to my SD card?

Thanks..

Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

To set the picture as wallpaper locate it in the gallery and tap on it, in the upper left corner there is the option to set as. To move files check the box by the file, at the bottom click on move, at the top click edge, sd card, and the folder you want to move the file to. There are several apps that will move files for you - from PC to Edge - including ES file explorer, Dropbox, Awesome Drop

Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Clumsygal
Edge User

Hi, thanks. But I dont see any such option as "set as", I was trying to look everywhere, at the top left corner is the some kind of status bar.. My LCD screen is really slow in response now and it is acting really weird like i wanted to click on a particular file but it opens another file, so it took me like forever just to transfer a few file to my SD card... it kept unticked and opened some other file... You have any solutions or suggestions??

Old 09-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Recalibrate your screen, that should fix the wrong clicks. The set as option will appear after you open the picture from the gallery to the viewer, the picture opens full size, tap again the top row offers options.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Clumsygal
Edge User

Thanks.. It works much better now.. I still dont see that "set as" option but when i double tapped the picture in the gallery from files, the pic was sent for cropping and once i saved it, it went straight to wallpaper..

So, do you have any ideas how can I locate Library on my internal storage?

Thanks again...

Old 09-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

The "Library" is in a somewhat protected area and you shouldn't access it except via the "Library" icon on your LCD screen. Accessing it using ES File Explorer, etc., most likely would mess up your Library.

You can add, remove and export items from your Library via the Library screen.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Clumsygal
Edge User

Thanks borisb... but what happens if I supply a lot of books to my library including my mp4 files.. will it be exploding the internal storage? 2 GB for use seems not enough for me. What you think?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
borisb
Edge User

You'll run out of room, no explosions

You have two options.

One is to only add to the Library what you need to annotate or link to eBooks. PDFs you're just reading, or MP3 music files and MP4 video files you're just listening to or reading, can be on your SD card - the Media Player will find these files wherever you are, and the PDFs you can find by using the Library "Storage" browser (they'll open on the eInk side, or in PDF Docs To Go - the eDGe will ask you which).

The other option is to move your Library storage to your SD card (see https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=134 for instructions). I personally am still wary about doing this (I'm not 100% certain it's completely safe and bug free), but others have done it successfully. The one caution is that you have to keep the SD card plugged in all the time (as far as I understand it). The advantage is your Library can now be up to 32 Gb in size.

If you don't have more than 2Gb of EPUBs and PDFs that you have to have in your Library (2 GB is enough for 2,000-4,000 typical novel-like ebooks), then I'd keep the Library where it is, and store your MP3s, pictures and MP4s on your SD card.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Clumsygal
Edge User

Hi Borisb, Thanks so much for your advice... it helps a lot .. but some of my pdf books, each can be more than 50 Mb.. hehe im not reading novels...all my stuff is academic.. boring stuff but takes a lot of space. Thanks for the link.. I will play around with it later..Thanks again you have been so helpful

Old 09-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
borisb
Edge User

Yeah, textbooks tend to be much larger I'm glad to help

Old 03-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
mark
Edge User

Hi
I don't see how to get files from my library to the gallery?
Can you advise?

Old 03-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Hi
I don't see how to get files from my library to the gallery?
Can you advise?
Please read the answer I gave goldy319 in post #2 of thread "getting pictures in the gallery". Maybe this helps you.