Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 AM   #151
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
I started a review site at the beginning of this year.
http://ebookrecs.posterous.com/
I am currently looking for submissions. I have 1 novella and 2 novels with reviews in the works, plus another novel at the top of my TBR list. Beyond that are other free stories I've obtained, however any review requests will move ahead of those.

Genres: Speculative fiction except horror, but including romance.
Format: epub or pdf. Smashwords coupon preferred.
Any length or POV. Please contact me through the blog site.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #152
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Any review I get on Amazon would be a great help. That seems to drive sales and search placements as much as anything else.
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #153
jasonga
jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jasonga knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Book Give-Away Contest - Three Sisters [murder mystery]

Hi everyone,

Helen Smith recently gave an interview on my site, and has offered to give away several copies of her new novella, Three Sisters (a murder mystery). If you're interested, please read her interview here (contest details are at the end of the post).

Cheers,
Jason
jasonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #154
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Something a bit different today on the Indieviews. A tradtionally published author - Greg Dawe, author of Theta Head.

Indieview is here.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #155
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IndieView with Karen Cantwell author of Take the Monkeys and Run. Free copy of the eBook to someone - just leave a comment here.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #156
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you would like to read the first chapter of my novels on your pc right now, here they are.

MIDNIGHT REFLECTIONS: http://midnightreflectionsebook.wordpress.com/

THE NECROMANCER: http://necromancerebook.wordpress.com/

THE LIVING IMAGE: http://pamelamary.wordpress.com/

These are blog sites, but there is no advertising on any of them.

Happy Reading
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #157
simonroyle
Addict

Indieview with fantasy author Daniel Arenson talking about his novel, Eye of the Wizard, writing and indie publishing.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #158
MarkAdair
Writer The Father's Child
MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!MarkAdair is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Guest Post on Brazilian Bookworm Site

Hello everyone. I've just posted a guest blog entry on a Brazilian book reviewers site about the challenge of finding reviews - Review, Review Wherefore Art Thou. Check it out at http://brazilianbookworm.blogspot.co...-art-thou.html

Cheers,

Mark
MarkAdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #159
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
The latest Whatcha Reading? post is up for Tom Andry's book Bob Moore: No Hero. Readers who like books with detectives and superpowered humans might be interested in this one. It's a free read too! I was impressed enough with the first chapter that I asked Tom to stop by and tell us more about his book.

http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.b...o-hero-by.html
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #160
CHunter_Author
Zealot
CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
"Chris picks" is coming soon.

Check for it at www.christopherhunterfiction.com
CHunter_Author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #161
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally got around to adding a review to Amazon:

Quote:
This book was an exercise in "cool".

I loved the main character. Bridge was slick, completely cynical and as innovative as MacGyver in tough situations. His philosophising bodyguard and ultra-hip anti-establishment hacker girlfriend made a trio that remained completely entertaining on every page.

The story itself placed us in a could-be near-future Los Angeles where corporations have taken over local government and law enforcement. The setting is not far-fetched and lent an unsettling realism to the story as it unfolded, and unfold it did - swiftly. There certainly weren't too many pages of setup or explanation.

Although there were echoes of Snow Crash and Neuromancer throughout (both which I loved by the way), intellectual leaps were not required as the tech-speak was kept to a necessary minimum.

In summary, Under the Amoral Bridge was in a genre that I enjoy with an accessibility I appreciated, a storyline that grabbed me and kept the pages turning and an anti-hero I could both admire and by which I could be thoroughly entertained. Needless to say, I will be buying the rest of the books in the series.
4/5 stars.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #162
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Read an E-Book Week: March 6-12 2011

Read an E-Book Week is encouraging ebook readers to get out and get others to check out ebooks (before it's too late, and everyone's already reading 'em!).

In that spirit, REBW11 is sponsoring a number of promotions. At the site, Rita Toews is running a contest to give away a Barnes & Noble Nook! Go to her site for details.

I'm running a promo on my site: Buy a book, or email me with the answer to the question: "What would you like to see in the sequel to Verdant Skies?" and be entered in a contest to win one of 2 E-Ink watches! Visit my site for further details.

Other sites are running promos as well, so scour the MR site for other clues (start here), and visit the Read an E-Book Week site for more!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #163
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
A new giveaway! Enter here to win your own copy of "Alison Wonderland" by our very own Helen Smith! A witty novel following Alison on a journey of self-discovery, sure to please!

It's also not to late to get in on the giveaway for "Whom God Would Destroy," an intelligent, err, thought-out, err, interesting (yeah, that's it) look at what would happen if God decided to visit humanity again, by Commander Pants. Enter here!

As always, to read any of my current or past reviews, visit my website @ http://gracekrispy.com. I've just come back from a week in another state, and I've put two new reviews up.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #164
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Last chance to win a kindle preloaded with my ebooks. Comment on any post in my blogcrawl to enter

http://williammeikle.blogspot.com/
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #165
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Today's Guest Author is Lori Devoti who is guest blogging on the topic of "Why NY pubbed authors are self-publishing".

Lori Devoti is a NY published author of Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy. She recently self-published an original YA Urban Fantasy novel titled Demon High. Lori is guest blogging at IPBR today about her reasons for going the self-published route.

She is also having a March Madness sale. All her self-published digital titles are $0.99 for the month of...you guessed it...March.

http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.b...ny-pubbed.html

Last edited by mish; 02-28-2011 at 08:51 PM.
mish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing