Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Perryw
Author
Perryw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kobo app doesn't turn the page

The app opens and lets met turn a few pages, then it won't respond to my touch. Sometimes it works if I open and close the app a few times.

I have already reset the iTouch a couple of times with no result.

Anyone have a solution?
Perryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I'm a tech 'tard, but this is what I'd suggest until someone can offer better alternatives:

Is this problem happening with a bunch of books or a specific book? If it's only one, I'd guess there was a problem with that book and I'd address that with the seller.

Have you tried deleting and reloading the app?
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
No solution...but I am having the same problem. This is fairly recent. I open a book, can read two pages and then it just stops responding. I also have an iPod Touch.

Edited to say: Tried deleting and re-installing the app - no luck. Tried several different books - experiencing the same problem. Powered off (completely) the iPod and turned back on and still no luck.
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Check whether you have the latest version of the Kobo app.

I was just checking my Kobo app on iPad and it prompted me to install an all-new version. So I went to the iTunes apps store and downloaded the new one, which is supposed to be for both iPhone and iPad (and presumably Touch). After I did that, the new version asked to transfer all my old Kobo data to the new app. I said OK. Then I tested about 10 pages on two of my books and had no trouble turning pages or anything. I tried the same on my Touch 4 just now and had no problems, either.

The Kobo app I just loaded on iPad and Touch 4 was last updated December 17, 2010. (I originally had Kobo HD on iPad and Kobo on Touch. I'm guessing they melded the apps into one?)

Good luck.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 01-22-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Thanks Maggie for sharing your testing.

My issues were with the new version from Dec 17th (v. 4.1 for iphone/itouch). However, after the third re-install it seems to be finally working! So I am relieved it is all back in order.
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Glad to hear you're back in business, ladybugh.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I've had no problem like this until the latest update, a few days ago. Now I get stuck every now and then.

Also, in highlighting, trying to tap a word and then dragging the handle down will work for a while and then stop working. I found a work-around: if I had been dragging right and down and that handle stopped responding, the up and left handle will usually still respond. For a while. Since I use the highlighting feature lots, I hate this problem. It forces me to close and restart the app. A re-boot is not needed.

BTW - best highlighting usage goes to Nook, which does not use "handles" at the corners of the tapped word, but lets you pull words, sentences, paragraphs into the highlight section in a natural "touch/drag" motion. I'm liking Nook software more and more lately.
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Perryw
Author
Perryw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
the latest update seems to have fixed my problem
Perryw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipod touch, kobo, troubleshooting