Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
UK Waterstones now offering discount on PRS-x50

Sony wil refund VAT on the PRS-350 or PRS-650 if purchased between the 28th of October and Christmas Eve. For a PRS-650, it is equivalent to £30 or the non-lighted cover. Details can be found at:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...vat-back/2238/
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
deekbee
deekbee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Sony are doing this on quite a range of products.

Sadly my PRS-350 doesn't count, as I bought it too soon, but Waterstones were still doing it for £130 (not the £160 list).

Just bought a lens for my Sony Alpha, the 50mm F1.8 portrait, so will be claiming my VAT back asap
deekbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
UK residents only? Bah humbug.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_blackfang View Post
UK residents only? Bah humbug.
If you're visiting the UK you can buy goods for personal export with zero VAT - no need to wait for a special offer from Sony!

Mind you, I'm not sure if the saving would make a special trip worthwhile
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
My Waterstone's is a s@"t hole as usual.
Once in a blue moon I wanted to buy something from a High street retailer and...they don't have black 650 in stock and have no idea when/if ever they are going to receive them again.
They don't even have Sony Readers on display. Last week I was in Bath where they had 650 and 350 and had all of them in stock.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert