Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
I’m looking for Euclid's Elements books. Although they are available in gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/21076 , it seems a hard work to convert the book into lrf format (because there are 263 images).

I wonder whether anyone has already done this conversion.

Thanks.
Give that the book is in PDF or Tex, you won't find it here. If you can come up with an HTML version, then someone might have a go at it Or you could use one of the various PDF conversion tools to strip off the excess margin and see how it looks on the Sony as is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #92
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
(Doggerrel?) Poetry Request

Anyone feel like doing some poetry? I'd love to have Kipling and/or Robert Service on the reader.

If nobody else takes me up on that, I might have a look at doing some of these when I get some extra time a couple months from now...

Cheers,

ScS
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #93
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Robert Frost is on my list of to-do;s!

I definitely will be working on his stuff soon.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #94
kelchm
kelchm began at the beginning.

I would personally love to see the rest of F. Scott Fitzgerald's writings. I'm pretty busy this week, but I may try to do a few this sunday.
kelchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #95
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
I would personally love to see the rest of F. Scott Fitzgerald's writings. I'm pretty busy this week, but I may try to do a few this sunday.
http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_author/201

Quite a lot of short stories available on our side.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #96
kelchm
kelchm began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_author/201

Quite a lot of short stories available on our side.
Thanks. I hadn't seen that site before!
kelchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #97
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll work on that. I have one collection already up on MobileRead

Yes, I enjoy his short stories, too.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #98
dawson
dawson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
WW1 Classics

Hi all,

As my hobby is reading WW1 classics, memoirs and such like.
And one of the reasons that I bought a PRS500 was the content on Gutenberg.
But I am struggling on converting the files as some have photo images.
Has anyone out there converted any?
I would love Bullets and Billets by Bruce Bairnsfather, but any first world war book would be great.
Hope someone can help.

Ian.
dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #99
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm working on it for you right now.

Although I'm having trouble with inexplicable chapter breaks on the TOC.

I can see why you like this book: for one thing, the illustrations are wonderful.

So, I suppose I'm about 1/3 into working on it. The only real trouble I see is trying to figure out why these screen breaks are occuring in the various chapters. The links all seem to work, so that's good.

But Right now, it's time for my obligatory cup of coffee at Border's and a chance to continue reading Robin Hobb's wonderful "Ship of Magic" novel on....what else?.....THE READER!!!

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawson View Post
Hi all,

As my hobby is reading WW1 classics, memoirs and such like.
And one of the reasons that I bought a PRS500 was the content on Gutenberg.
But I am struggling on converting the files as some have photo images.
Has anyone out there converted any?
I would love Bullets and Billets by Bruce Bairnsfather, but any first world war book would be great.
Hope someone can help.

Ian.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #100
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
How about some:

Walt Whitman Song of Myself
Arnold Bennett (How to Live on 24 hours a day), plus his novels
Trollope's Barchester Towers
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #101
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I read 24 Hours... a while ago and still have the text around here someplace (electronic copy) so I'll post it soon.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #102
ankitj
ankitj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
New member here. Applied for sony card last week, and in process of getting a Sony reader. The aim is to use my love for gadgets to develop a healthy reading habbit.

The first set of reading I plan to do is short stories by Saki. ( I have planning to do the same for more than a decade .

Just curios if anyone has any of these books by Saki in the works:
1) Beasts and Super-Beasts
2) The Chronicles of Clovis

Both are available on Gutenberg, but would be great if there is a more readable format.

Looking forward to be more involved with mobileread.
ankitj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #103
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'll start on "The Warden," and "Barchester Towers" this afternoon

....I'm a fan of Victorian literature and admire Anthony Trollope very much.

These two shouldn't take more than 2 hours total.

Don

P.S.: These two titles are the first two in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
How about some:

Arnold Bennett (How to Live on 24 hours a day), plus his novels
Trollope's Barchester Towers
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #104
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
How about some:

<snip>
OK, I've got a pre-alpha of Leaves of Grass ready to roll. There's at least one problem with formatting that I've got to solve; and it's hard to make the title structure come alive (beyond the book level.) I might make an index of each title.... At any rate, it'll be a few days before it's ready for release except as the crudest alpha version.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #105
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
OK, I've got a pre-alpha of Leaves of Grass ready to roll. There's at least one problem with formatting that I've got to solve; and it's hard to make the title structure come alive (beyond the book level.) I might make an index of each title.... At any rate, it'll be a few days before it's ready for release except as the crudest alpha version.
Sounds great to me!

What problems are you having with the "title structure"? Can you be more specific, as someone here may be able to offer some assistance.

On the Toc [Table of Contents] that you allude to, let me offer some help, if you're not aware of it. If you already know this, I apologize in advance. Ok, the Toc:

Anything designated as "Title" has the ability to be turned into a ToC and a ToC can be quickly and automatically generated. So, if you've got a book with a 100 poems, and each poem is titled, then you can have a ToC done practically instantly.

It will even produce, as part of the ToC, a "Table of Content." [Notice that there's a bug in the program, and that you need to add an "s" to the word "Content."]

I hope this helps.

Let us know if you have some questions.

Don