Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Can't Download from Dropbox

I miss being able to download books from Dropbox to my Sony readers using the built-in browser. Whatever "improvements" they made to the site seems to disable this function for my Sony devices (not my iPad). Doesn't matter if I use the desktop or mobile site. Has anyone found an alternate service that works with the T2 or T3? (Onedrive doesn't work, either.) I can sideload from my Mac, but using WIFI and Dropbox was so convenient.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Dropbox is still working for me. I'm on a T2 using the built-in browser with the Dropbox mobile site. I did notice a change sometime last summer. Before, all I had to do was touch the file link and it would start downloading. Now I press and hold the link to bring up an options window, then select "Save Link." That triggers the file to download for me. Hope it works for you, too.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
It Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
Dropbox is still working for me. I'm on a T2 using the built-in browser with the Dropbox mobile site. I did notice a change sometime last summer. Before, all I had to do was touch the file link and it would start downloading. Now I press and hold the link to bring up an options window, then select "Save Link." That triggers the file to download for me. Hope it works for you, too.
You are a genius!!! Thank you! "Save Link"?! It never occurred to me to try that. You made my day.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
You are a genius!!! Thank you! "Save Link"?! It never occurred to me to try that. You made my day.

Full disclosure: There was no genius on my part. When the download link stopped working I got frustrated and tried everything I could think of, including random commands. I was as surprised as you were when "Save Link" did the trick
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote