Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #23236
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^You need to record the phone bouncing off the floor first while the dogs are barking. More realistic in them answering the phone.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #23237
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Arrrgh! Why did I ever get on Facebook!? I made a post about the rare possibility of snow or other frozen water-type substance we may be getting tomorrow. I made it open to all friends because of the benign nature of the topic and because I haven't posted something my crazy uncles and cousins could see in awhile.

Well, crazy uncle (he is really sweet, really but he is an alcoholic and extremely conservative in some of his political views), posted "let it snow," which I liked and then I got into a conversation about snow with an acquaintance from high school I have become Facebook friends with. Crazy uncle went into her wall and found a post she made from March that was the marriage equality jpg (the = on a red background). Anyway, crazy uncle just liked it and didn't comment. I'm not sure if he knew what he was liking or if he is not conservative about gay marriage but I'm going with he didn't know what he was liking. Now I'm freaking out that one or the other of them is going to request to "friend" the other.

/Don't really want crazy family and HS acquaintances co-mingling.
//Sorry to mention politics here. I know we try to keep that in its separate forum.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #23238
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I catch a train into work. There's a tight connection to the shuttle bus (2 min!). The train was late yesterday. It was late today. But to add insult to injury, after I'd got up from my seat to wait by the door (remember the tight connection), the guard made an announcement that we were being held up by a fault, and would be fifteen to twenty minutes late. So I went back to my seat. And then the train started up again, and we arrived just five minutes late, about three minutes after I'd gone back to my seat!

Grrrr.... and none of it counts as 'late' in terms of compensation, of course. Not late enough.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #23239
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Massive meteorological migraine attack!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #23240
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
poor pooh
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #23241
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
That's why I happily pay the Paradise Tax!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #23242
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
And here I was feeling somewhat down because the telescope came today and it's raining.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #23243
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Feel better
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #23244
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Get home (safely!) and break out the Guinness, Pooh.

Do you get any pre-migraine warning symptoms? With me, I start to get a tunnel vision effect. If I can some Advil before the "tunnel" gets too narrow, it doesn't progress into a migraine.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #23245
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Arrrgh! Why did I ever get on Facebook!? I made a post about the rare possibility of snow or other frozen water-type substance we may be getting tomorrow. I made it open to all friends because of the benign nature of the topic and because I haven't posted something my crazy uncles and cousins could see in awhile.

Well, crazy uncle (he is really sweet, really but he is an alcoholic and extremely conservative in some of his political views), posted "let it snow," which I liked and then I got into a conversation about snow with an acquaintance from high school I have become Facebook friends with. Crazy uncle went into her wall and found a post she made from March that was the marriage equality jpg (the = on a red background). Anyway, crazy uncle just liked it and didn't comment. I'm not sure if he knew what he was liking or if he is not conservative about gay marriage but I'm going with he didn't know what he was liking. Now I'm freaking out that one or the other of them is going to request to "friend" the other.

/Don't really want crazy family and HS acquaintances co-mingling.
//Sorry to mention politics here. I know we try to keep that in its separate forum.
Mention HIM to HER. That way, she won't accept an offer from him, and she won't extend an offer to him.

Unless she has a lot of free time she wants to fill.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #23246
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Get home (safely!) and break out the Guinness, Pooh.

Do you get any pre-migraine warning symptoms? With me, I start to get a tunnel vision effect. If I can some Advil before the "tunnel" gets too narrow, it doesn't progress into a migraine.
Thanks guys! I've had head pain since Sunday - when the leading edge of this winter storm started moving in .... today the pain is centered in my right eye ... once the front moves out (hopefully tonight) the pain will go with it.

My 'aura' warning symptom is sudden nausea - for no reason - shortly followed by blinding headache ....

Funnily enough, Guinness (and other stouts & porters) help calm the nausea and ease the head pain .... have no idea why, but it lets me keep down the meds until they're absorbed.

Will pop back in once I can view the screen without screaming!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #23247
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Sorry to hear it pooh. In sympathy, I had a fish supper instead of the chicken burger I was contemplating.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #23248
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Sorry to hear it pooh. In sympathy, I had a fish supper instead of the chicken burger I was contemplating.
My species thanks you ....
Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #23249
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My city has the Grand Depart of the Tour de France 2015. Today the route was presented and tonight various things are done throughout the city to celebrate. The head tourguide of the Dom tower came by this afternoon to tell us that we should be on the Dom square at 7pm, because we could see something spectacular (he knows my father and I are Tour de France fans).

It was indeed spectacular. There was a great light/laser show and a cyclist cycling down the tower.

One thing though: why does the music has to be so loud with these types of things. Everything sounds wooly at the moment and I can still hear the music playing in my rooms (and that's with several buildings, including the tower, between my rooms and the stage).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #23250
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My city has the Grand Depart of the Tour de France 2015. Today the route was presented and tonight various things are done throughout the city to celebrate. The head tourguide of the Dom tower came by this afternoon to tell us that we should be on the Dom square at 7pm, because we could see something spectacular (he knows my father and I are Tour de France fans).

It was indeed spectacular. There was a great light/laser show and a cyclist cycling down the tower.
I guess Lance Armstrong won't be racing this year... People made such a fuss about him and his behavior. I think they lost track of what was really important. This man won seven major bike racing titles while doing drugs. When I did drugs, I couldn't even FIND my bike!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness