Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
SPDT13
SPDT13 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
flatten index in .azw3

Hi,

I just got here and am asking.

For easy the reading in Kindle4 flatten the index of books when I perform conversion .epub to .azw3

But of course, I have to do finish the conversion. Is there any way to integrate an option to do during conversion.

Sorry for my english

Thank you,
SPDT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
SPDT13

any idea?

Flatten TOC hierarchy in NCX file in azw3 output in as a parameter during conversion.

thanks

Last edited by SPDT13; 08-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Hi SPDT13,

I don't know of any option to edit the TOC during conversion instead of at the end of it.

But you can flatten the TOC of any AZW3 or EPUB book before conversion by calling the Edit TOC feature separately.

This tutorial show you how to add the Edit TOC button to your toolbar, if necessary: http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2013/0...r-e-books.html

This tutorial show you how to flatten a TOC (simply scroll past the first part which explain how to create a TOC): http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2013/0...e-toc-for.html

Does that help ?
Dylan Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
SPDT13

Thanks Dylan Tomorrow. I knew this option and use it. But wanted to do it as a parameter in options and so avoid taking this step manually.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Elancrom
Elancrom began at the beginning.

Device: K4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDT13 View Post
Thanks Dylan Tomorrow. I knew this option and use it. But wanted to do it as a parameter in options and so avoid taking this step manually.
Hello SPDT13 ,
In Preferences -> Common Options -> Table of Contents look for 'Level 1 TOC (XPath expression)' and write this:
//h:h1 | //h:h2 | //h:h3 | //h:h4
also put a tick in: 'Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents'

It works well for me
Elancrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3 conversion, calibre, index, kindle