Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #24811
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hot & humid here (high 80's F & soggy humidity) - so a tall glass of Pepsi with many ice cubes!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #24812
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Every day, it's a-getting closer,
Going faster than a roller coaster.
Love like yours will surely come my way.

Every day, it's a a-getting faster.
Everyone says go ahead and ask her.
Love like yours will surely come my way.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBWkM0jzK0 )

Good morning, all! It's Friday already. Unbelievable! Boxes are filling quickly, inventories written for Customs, I want everything finished at least 3-4 days before deadline. I want to just relax those last couple of days with nothing to think about except a peaceful move, maybe a couple of good meals at some different restaurants, etc. Right now, it's a liters of unbranded Keemun tea, granola bars, and foods I can eat while moving around the house. Good thing I don't have to carry around all that extra weight around my middle any more! Now it's just carrying heavy boxes around and stacking them in the living room!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #24813
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So back from Aikidho - in addition to starting 2nd Green material, we are also now doing Filipino Kali! For those counting... yes that means I am taking 3 different marital art styles at once!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #24814
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My daughter made cookies today! Crumbs in my cup. And I'm stuffed!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #24815
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
So back from Aikidho - in addition to starting 2nd Green material, we are also now doing Filipino Kali! For those counting... yes that means I am taking 3 different marital art styles at once!
You'll have to change your nic to 'EscrimadorScope!' Have you piled up used tires in your back yard yet? When you're ready, let me know and I'll teach you how to put a 'serious' edge on a krambit.

Tea break... and an observation; if a wall is going to fall on your head, it's better that it's made of paper and thin strips of wood rather than 2x4's and sheetrock.

Stitchawl
Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #24816
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hot & humid here (high 80's F & soggy humidity) - so a tall glass of Pepsi with many ice cubes!
I love Pepsi, especially in the bottles..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #24817
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Dunkin Doughnuts coffee.. Yummy..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #24818
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coca-Cola in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #24819
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
You'll have to change your nic to 'EscrimadorScope!' Have you piled up used tires in your back yard yet? When you're ready, let me know and I'll teach you how to put a 'serious' edge on a krambit.

Stitchawl

hehe Yea... I need to find me a good CHEAP supplier of Ratan Escrimas.

Moca in my travel mug. The perils of living in college town... Dunkin Donuts is closed for the summer...
Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #24820
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Black coffee in one hand, Cadbury's milk chocolate in the other . What diet?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #24821
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
hehe Yea... I need to find me a good CHEAP supplier of Ratan Escrimas.
I bought mine in Manila. I think I paid almost $2.50 for them, but they saw a tourist coming and figured they'd make some money...
Check out Jeff Speakman's stick work at the one minute mark. He's a Kenpo stylist (as I am/was? both of us started with Ed Parker) who's now developed a new MMA/Kenpo, adding ground work that was missing from Ed Parker's system.

Mango lassi as an after-dinner desert!

Stitchawl
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #24822
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I bought mine in Manila. I think I paid almost $2.50 for them, but they saw a tourist coming and figured they'd make some money...

Stitchawl

Seeing prices in the 25-50 per range. Of course there are 3 of us so I need at least 6.... grumble grumble
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #24823
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Back home, and enjoying having my favourite teas. This morning, a pot of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend. Now, I've got a new batch of bacon on the smoker and a pot of Keemun to drink.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #24824
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome home Charlie. It sounds like you were able to stock up on some Peet's to bring home.

Nothing in my cup and waiting for a fresh cup of coffee to brew.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #24825
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Trailer for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone no pool no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah but, two hours of pushing broom
Buys a eight by twelve four bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road

Third boxcar midnight train
Destination Bangor Maine
Old worn out suit and shoes
I don't pay no union dues
I smoke old stogies I have found
Short but not too big around
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhAC0dFis0 )

Good morning, everyone! Boxes are piling up quickly... So much stuff... Where did it all come from?!? At least I know where the tea came from. Compliments of the East India Company. "Royal Breakfast" tea today, and a couple of slices of cold pizza left over from last night's working dinner. A delight after a few months of no-calorie meals!

Quote:

Seeing prices in the 25-50 per range. Of course there are 3 of us so I need at least 6.... grumble grumble
Rattan is dirt cheap in Asia. I used to make rattan hanbo, jo, and canes for Hopkido stylists and folks who like the 'CaneMaster's' wide 'crook' concept but didn't care for the weight of the heavy hardwood canes he sold. A 10ft length of rough straight 1.25 inch rattan cost about 25 cents as of four years ago when I left Thailand. When I bought my escrima sticks in the P.I. 25 years ago, the stuff was even cheaper. I was told by local stylists that I should have paid about 20 cents each for the smoothed and burned sticks... But here's a site that sells good quality rattan for more realistic 'today's' prices.

Time to dive back into the closets...

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?