Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
pdfviewer for 301?

(I have installed PB firmware on my Netronix clone device.)
I am reading around here about an app called pdfviewer. I have modified extensions.cfg file so as to open pdfviewer, but it says "can't launch app".
Any help is appreciated.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Have you tried without modified extensions.cfg?

pdfviewer was a standard app and selectable via "open with" function from library.

Is your line in extensions.cfg correct? should look like this:
"pdf:@PDF_file:1: pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_PDF" (please remove the blank between : and pdfviewer... , but it shows a smiley without the blank )
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does pdfviewer come with firmware like fbreader? (PB 301)

My file is like this:

Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.appICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Does pdfviewer come with firmware like fbreader? (PB 301)

My file is like this:

Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.appICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
Hm, your extensions.cfg looks correct at least

If pdfviewer is installed can be easily checked by removing (or renaming) extensions.cfg and then opening a pdf via -> library -> select pdf -> long press OK -> open with and see if it offers more than only AdobeViewer.

BTW: I'm not sure CR3 is able to open pdf files, so don't wonder if it doesn't work
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
According to your extension.cfg pdfviewer is your default pdf viewer and should open every pdf file automatically.

An unrelated question: Are you sure that CoolReader is able to read soo many file formats?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Nexutix
Reading and reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
If pdfviewer is installed can be easily checked by removing (or renaming) extensions.cfg and then opening a pdf via -> library -> select pdf -> long press OK -> open with and see if it offers more than only AdobeViewer.
It offers all options as mentioned in extensions file. After I [OK] on pdfviewer option, it says Error- Can't launch program. Are you sure 301 firmware has it? Maybe 360 and above only have?

My firmware is : 15.3 for PB301

Also, is it available as ".app" file? Maybe I can copy it to /system/bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Are you sure that CoolReader is able to read soo many file formats?
I just copied it from somewhere here on MR. I prefer fbreader, always.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Are you sure 301 firmware has it? Maybe 360 and above only have?

My firmware is : 15.3 for PB301

Also, is it available as ".app" file? Maybe I can copy it to /system/bin
I think you are right with your question: with firmware 15.3 Pocketbook deleted the pdfviewer.

Forkosigan promised to publish a single pdfviewer here that you could load into /system/bin but I have not been able to find such a post here. Maybe he never did.

I don't know if it helps you: in this thread in the German Pocketbook forum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114010
the missing of the pdfviewer is discussed, maybe posts nr. 19 and 20 will help you (in 19, Forkosigan admits that pdfviewer has been deleted from the firmware, in 20 there are two links to firmware 15.2 that obviously still had the pdfviewer). Please ask us, if you need more help or a concise translation!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Nexutix
Reading and reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I think you are right with your question: with firmware 15.3 Pocketbook deleted the pdfviewer.
Oh! What caused them to remove it!? It's better that Adobe. Maybe they wanted to "debloat" firmware.

Anyways, I just successfully downgraded my firmware to 15.2 from firmware available at:

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/node/907
Direct link

I can use pdfviewer now. pdfviewer crops margins nicely when Fit Page Width option in chosen in zoom. Adobe viewer can't do so successfully. It feels a little faster also.

Thanks Billi.

Also, if someone comes across ".app" for it, please post here on MR for others.

Last edited by Nexutix; 09-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Billi
Wizard

Glad it works!