Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Kindle Collections and Calibre

Not sure if this is a plugin, Calibre or Kindle issue really.

I'm using the Kindle Collections plugin to organise my books and it all worked well except about 30 of my books have not gone into collections on my Kindle when they should have, and I have done the same thing to them as the others. I have also restarted the Kindle (from menu) several times but no luck.

Any ideas?
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
As base calibre has zero support for kindle collections, this must be a plugin issue. Moved to appropriate forum.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
Not sure if this is a plugin, Calibre or Kindle issue really.

I'm using the Kindle Collections plugin to organise my books and it all worked well except about 30 of my books have not gone into collections on my Kindle when they should have, and I have done the same thing to them as the others. I have also restarted the Kindle (from menu) several times but no luck.

Any ideas?
Try deleting the books from your Kindle, then restarting. Now add the files back and then write out the collections settings using Create from the Collections menu. (And restart again, of course.) I've seen this happen a few times with books that somehow have a slight disagreement between the Kindle and Calibre about which book is which. The Collections logic seems very sensitive.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Try deleting the books from your Kindle, then restarting. Now add the files back and then write out the collections settings using Create from the Collections menu. (And restart again, of course.) I've seen this happen a few times with books that somehow have a slight disagreement between the Kindle and Calibre about which book is which. The Collections logic seems very sensitive.
Book ids stored internally or computed from file names have to match exactly, so as suggested it may be that you have a book on the Kindle which didn't come from Calibre or had its name/path/id changed at some point. Try the Edit Collections option in the plugin to look at the books in question to see if they are listed as in Calibre or not and to check for duplicate books. (Books can be added to Calibre from the Kindle using the Device icon and then right clicking on the book and selecting Add books to library).
meme is offline   Reply With Quote