Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
suggestion - find in next file option

find options are currently just: current file, or all files

it would be handy to be able to tell it to continue to search next file, rather than have to go to LH panel, click on the next file then rerun the find.

so you 'd go e.g. find in current file.

then if program gets to nothing found, it would prompt with search next file y/n

it would also be useful when doing a single find/ replace, if the result of that operation stayed on screen long enough to read & mentally validate - as it is ,the screen scrolls to where the next match for the find is, so you have to scroll back an indeterminate distance to see if your replace did what you expected it to
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
cybmole:

Why don't you just run it in BV, and tell it to search down? Start at your first text (or whatever) file, and go from there. I admit I don't understand that issue. I certainly don't load up each file/chapter to do a search across them all, and if I'm doing a small search, just do it manually with "next," and then you can mentally validate, no?

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
some of my issues are with using regex. I want to do 2 things after a find - replace 1. view the code to see what happened 2. toggle to book view to see how it now looks
step 2 does not work because windows are not synched, and step 1 ( using all files) causes the large look ahead for next match. so often I limit find replace to current file but then want to continue on into next file.

PS the drop down system for toggling current / all files is also a pain - it is easy to mistime letting go of mouse drag & get wrong selection - a simple button would be better as there is only 2 choices

my other case is that I have found a type when reading in ebook - I want to go fix it but am not sure what xhtml split file it is in. so I guess, use book view on current files, then want to continue search in next file if I guessed wrong.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post

PS the drop down system for toggling current / all files is also a pain - it is easy to mistime letting go of mouse drag & get wrong selection - a simple button would be better as there is only 2 choices
I vote for side by side 'Radio' buttons.

I won't tell you how many time I slip off the drop-down and the regular buttons below get selected
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
And when I add five more choices?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
And when I add five more choices?
Only on "pink pages" ?

Seriously. You have the 'roadmap' of features that we only get to see when implemented.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You have the 'roadmap' of features that we only get to see when implemented.
My point exactly. But you can certainly guess that more options for the dropdown would be a good idea and are probably forthcoming; options like "All CSS files", "All XHTML files", "All XHTML files after this one in the reading order" etc.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote