Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
AlienCowThatMoos
AlienCowThatMoos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
CBC to Mobi - Too Many Chapters

I'm trying to convert my indie comic to mobi. I scanned the images, placed each chapter in zip files titled 001.cbz, 002.cbz, etc, created a comics.txt file with titles for each chapter, then put all that in a zip called comic.cbc. When converting in Calibre I end up with a Table of Contents with every. single. page. as its own chapter. Amusingly the first page of each chapter does have the title I wrote in the comics.txt file.

I can't find any combination of options that will keep the chapter titles on the pages I want and nothing else. It seems my options are only TOC for every page, or no TOC at all. Does anyone have a suggestion?
AlienCowThatMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That would imply you didn't create your comics.txt file correctly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
AlienCowThatMoos
AlienCowThatMoos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Talking

I found the solution. Under "Table of Contents Filter" type "Page". This works because the conversion process turns your comics.txt file into the chapter headings then adds every page as a sub-chapter labeled "Page 1", "Page 2", "Page 3" and so on. Filtering the word "Page" eliminates all of these. Just make sure none of your real chapters titles have the word "Page" in them.
AlienCowThatMoos is offline   Reply With Quote