Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #76
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Oh dear, looks like something got broken in the rewrite. This was the plugin I worried about the most as it is the most complex. I will push a new version up very shortly - thanks for reporting this.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #77
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.4.1 Released

This fixes a number of bugs from the rewrite in 1.4 which escaped my obviously random testing.
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #78
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Working now, thanks for all your hard work.

Update: When I try to link a book and it can't be found the search Goodreads doesn't work I get

calibre, version 0.7.53
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'URL' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 289, in search_on_goodreads
NameError: global name 'URL' is not defined

Last edited by kenr276; 04-05-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: New problem
kenr276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #79
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Hi. Thanks for the plug in. I love it.

For one book I downloaded shelves as tags, none were found. I viewed the linked book and that book has 4 shelves. I synced from the exclusive shelf (the book is on) and it says the book isn't linked. So I press search calibre, it finds and I press link, it says it is already linked . So it says it is and it isn't linked. I linked again, deleting the old link. Why the previous link wasn't recognized correctly?

Oh, and do I update plug in manually or is there some kind of automatic update?

Ok, downloading shelves still doesn't work correctly. I viewed the linked book and added it on goodreads shelf. Then went back to calibre and tried downloading shelves as tags, it says no books needed updating. I even relinked the book and still it is the same. Did the same to another book (added it to 3 shelves) and they all downloaded. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Noughty; 04-07-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Fixed the other problem myself
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #80
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Noughty - did you setup some shelf/tag mappings from the plugin configuration dialog? IIRC the default is that no mapping from a shelf name to a tag name takes place. So if no mappings are specified, the plugin will tell you that no updates are required.
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #81
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

That was the problem before. But I figured it out and all my shelves are added in mapping. And this happens only to some books. I mean most of the books from shelf books get downloaded ok, except a few. Now I just click view book on goodreads after downloading shelves and I see that some of the books are added to shelves but plugin ignores them (while it downloads the same shelves for other books)

Also do I update manually the plug in itself?

With those books on goodreads I see review of ISBN and a number. Could it be that it is linked to another edition and because of that it fails? But you cannot link to a specific edition, even if there are 4 editions you get only one result

I see I can choose switch edition. That should fix it. Any other way to go around this?

How to make it to always link to an ebook not paperbook? Since it is on calibre it has to be an ebook unless it is an empty book.

Last edited by Noughty; 04-07-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #82
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
Oh, and do I update plug in manually or is there some kind of automatic update?
You can download and install the Plugin Updater plugin that kiwidude also wrote and use that to update the plugin Otherwise you can do it manually like a new install.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #83
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Noughty - I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time understanding your descriptions to understand the exact problem you have.
  1. What version of the plugin are you running - you have asked a couple of times about updating it, does that mean you are not running the latest version of 1.4.1? If not, upgrade to that as a first step, and verify you still have a problem.
  2. I suggest you add a custom column to display the goodreads id. It is going to make it easier to diagnose and replicate any issues you describe. The instructions for how to do this are in a spoiler on the first post.
  3. Of the books you are now still having problems with, I need some specific details. I would suggest doing the following:
    (a) Send me a PM with your email address and I will reply to that. You can then email me your Goodreads Sync.config file from the plugins configuration folder. This will allow me to see all your mappings and your goodreads user id so I can replicate your issue.
    (b) Also provide for me in that email some specific book details of the problem books. The title/author/isbn in Calibre, the Goodreads Id that you have linked it to (in the custom column), the exact menu action you are taking with it and the problem you are experiencing. If you have different issues, please give me details of an example book for each issue.

Hopefully with that information I can track down what is going wrong for you, whether it is a bug or just something not setup correctly.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #84
Noughty
Addict

Just updated and now trying to link books which weren't found on goodreads. I press search on goodreads and get an error: Nameerror:global name url is not deifned

What to do ?

Apparently i cannot search on goodreads from the plug in after updating through Update plugin

Additional details:

calibre, version 0.7.53
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'URL' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 289, in search_on_goodreads
NameError: global name 'URL' is not defined

A reply:
I found a solution for the problem I mentioned before. The books just get linked to another edition since I download metadata and it doesn't allow you to choose which editions metadata to download, so I get metadata for paperback and not for ebook sometimes. But I just switch to that edition and plug in then can see the book.

Last edited by Noughty; 04-07-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #85
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

The global name url is unfortunately a bug introduced from the 1.4 rewrite. I will post a 1.4.2 version in a few minutes and we can go from there.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #86
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.4.2 Released

Fixes the bug introduced in 1.4 and found by Noughty above where clicking on Search on Goodreads.com results in a URL not defined error.

EDIT: I have only just noticed that kenr276 also reported this issue a couple of days ago, but did it by editing his post. Sorry dude, I must have read your post before you edited it to add the "new problem" and hence didn't see it until now.

@Noughty - download the latest version and let me know if everything is linking/syncing as it should.

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-07-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #87
Noughty
Addict

Looks ok. Unfortunately dragging a link doesn't work with opera (it is opera's issue). So I copy it to another browser and then drag. Is there any chance someday in the future there could be other ways to add link? Like just pasting it? Or is it too complicated?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #88
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

A shame about Opera. I can look to add a paste link menu option or similar. However there may be another way I can get drag/drop working - does it work in other aspects of Calibre, such as dragging an image onto the book details pane to replace a cover?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #89
Noughty
Addict

Yes it works. It's an issue with opera. I would be very grateful if some option were made for this
Old 04-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #90
Noughty
Addict

I meant I can drag from my PC, Internet Explorer. I cannot drag a picture from opera. I gues I cannot drag anything from opera.

Tags
calibre, goodreads