Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
draghetto
draghetto doesn't litterdraghetto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Font size after conversion

I am having a problem with the conversion in Calibre.

I own a sony PRS-505 and i have always used LRF as my target format.

So far i almost converted from lit files and i had no problem, but lately i started using epub files and i am having some issues that i can't understand

1) In the conversion tool is possible to detect the font size of the original file and the target font, but even if both are set to 12 if i convert from LIT i get a final font size when shown in the viewer than if i started from the EPUB

2) This is also true for 2 different book, one in LIT or LRF (font 12) and an EPUB(font 12) the epub font looks a lot smaller on the screen, as a matter of fact Medium for EPUB is almost the same for Small for LIT

Anyone ever experienced it, or any suggestion?

Thanks
Max
draghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Yes. I think this must be normal. When I used to read LRFs I converted with base font size 10 and read on my PRS505 at zoom size Small.

When I moved to EPUBs I had to change to convert with base font size 11 and read on my PRS505 at zoom size Medium.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert