Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I bought 2 secure epub books today, and they are using the current Adobe DRM. They downloaded through ADE. I don't have a Sony reader, but if it can read secure epubs, then it ought to read them. If not, and you're willing to strip the DRM, there's also that. Of course, there's no guaranty that Fictionwise won't switch to the new password/credit card DRM as soon as it's available.

Thanks for that.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #32
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Secure Adobe ePUB is now an option in the advanced search - a search using that as the only parameter shows 7,001 titles.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #33
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Secure Adobe ePUB is now an option in the advanced search - a search using that as the only parameter shows 7,001 titles.
No free sample, though, to use to confirm whether your computer settings work for that format. Hm.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I just loaded one of the secure EPUB documents I recently purchased from Fictionwise. I loaded and opened it without a problem. The right and left margins did seem a bit wider than normal, but that may simply be the way the publisher formatted the text.

At any rate, it appears that the Fictionwise EPUB format can be loaded onto the Sony reader, and presumably any reader that accepts the DRM EPUB format.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I just loaded one of the secure EPUB documents I recently purchased from Fictionwise. I loaded and opened it without a problem. The right and left margins did seem a bit wider than normal, but that may simply be the way the publisher formatted the text.

At any rate, it appears that the Fictionwise EPUB format can be loaded onto the Sony reader, and presumably any reader that accepts the DRM EPUB format.

SteveK
Just to be clear, you purchased it and downloaded it with Adobe DE, right?

Then imported or copied it to your Sony?
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #36
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kenny - Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I purchased the books and when I downloaded them, they were saved into the Sony reader directory and opened by the Sony reader. I then copied them onto my Sony PRS-505, where they opened without a problem.

My guess is that ADE would work exactly the same way.

Good luck!

SteveK
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #37
kennyc

Quote:
Kenny - Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I purchased the books and when I downloaded them, they were saved into the Sony reader directory and opened by the Sony reader. I then copied them onto my Sony PRS-505, where they opened without a problem.

My guess is that ADE would work exactly the same way.

Good luck!

SteveK

No problem Steve.

So when it asked you what app to use for the download it was the Sony Library app. or was it a direct download to that directory using your browser?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #38
SteveK
Addict

It was a direct download to that directory. It formerly went to my ADE directory, but now goes to a Sony reader directory, which I actually prefer. My library downloads have also gone to this directory since I updated the software. It may have asked what program I wanted to use, but it was easy to select Sony Reader.

Try it and let me know how it turns out.

Thanks.
SteveK
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Fictionwise does switch to the new social DRM for ePub and abandons the proper DRM for ePub, I will ask for my money back for their buywise club.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #40
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Jon, Jon, Jon,

There is no proper DRM for epub. It would be better to say that a proper epub has no DRM...

But you knew that
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #41
kennyc

Quote:
It was a direct download to that directory. It formerly went to my ADE directory, but now goes to a Sony reader directory, which I actually prefer. My library downloads have also gone to this directory since I updated the software. It may have asked what program I wanted to use, but it was easy to select Sony Reader.

Try it and let me know how it turns out.

Thanks.
SteveK

Thanks Steve, just more curious than anything. All is working fine here.