Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
antoon
antoon began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Question Save template problem

Dear all,

I have some problems with the Save - template.

By way of experiment I've set the save-template for my device (and memeory card) to: {author_sort}/{series}/ x {title} {series} {series_index}
This way it should at least show an "x" before each title.

I've also changed the save-template in the preferences menu to: {author_sort}/{series} A / B {title} - {series_index}
So I should at least get an "A" and "B".

I have disconnected and reconnected my device.

Now when I save books to my device the format actualy used is:
{author_sort}/{series}/{title}
so, no "x", no "A" or "B" and no series_index (the thing I actualy want to see).

Any help would be welcome,

Regards,
Antoon
antoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Where did you set this value? It sounds like you might have set it for the Save to Disk option, rather than in the Device Interface plugin properties for "Send to Device".
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
antoon

No, I set it in "send to device"
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoon View Post
Dear all,

I have some problems with the Save - template.

By way of experiment I've set the save-template for my device (and memeory card) to: {author_sort}/{series}/ x {title} {series} {series_index}
This way it should at least show an "x" before each title.

I've also changed the save-template in the preferences menu to: {author_sort}/{series} A / B {title} - {series_index}
So I should at least get an "A" and "B".

I have disconnected and reconnected my device.

Now when I save books to my device the format actualy used is:
{author_sort}/{series}/{title}
so, no "x", no "A" or "B" and no series_index (the thing I actualy want to see).

Any help would be welcome,

Regards,
Antoon
if you want a series index you need a {series_index} somewhere in your template. {series} is just the name (think how you see it in the metadata editor...2 separates

the example shows how to get the (first, single letter with '-series' appended)
Code:
{series[0]}-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{id}/{title}_{authors}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
if you want a series index you need a {series_index} somewhere in your template. {series} is just the name (think how you see it in the metadata editor...2 separates
I don't understand exactly what the OP wants to do, but he does include {series_index} in each of his stated templates.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
antoon

I'm just trying to figure out why the templates don't work, that's why I added the "X" , "A" and "B"; these should always show up but they don't.

I worked around the problem by using the "save to disk"-template and "save to disk" functionality (to save to the SD Card) this works very well. The only drawback is that the library doesn't show which books are "saved to dsik", so I'm still looking for a sollution.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm a little confused.

Quote:
Are you saying the above template was entered in your Device plugin save template?

Quote:
And this one was entered in your Send to device save template?

Quote:
Now when I save books to my device
What device do you have?

What exactly are is your desired output?

What did you use in your Save to disk save template?
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't understand exactly what the OP wants to do, but he does include {series_index} in each of his stated templates.
On the end where I never expected it coming from a device that uses the file name to sort (most people want series titles to show in series index order).

{series_index} - {title}
Old 08-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm a little confused.

Are you saying the above template was entered in your Device plugin save template?

And this one was entered in your Send to device save template?

What device do you have?

What exactly are is your desired output?

What did you use in your Save to disk save template?
I wonder if the OP is running into a path length issue with some combinations of series?
And what happens with NO series (info) present?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
antoon

I'm working with a differtent language so I'll try to explain where I've changed things.
The first template was enterd by clicking the "Device"-icon on the main menu-bar and the selecting "configure this device" and changing the last feel "Save tamplate".

The second one was enterd by using the "Preferences"-icon on the main menu and then "Sending books to device" and changing the entry "Save Template".

The template I used for the save-to-disk (which works) I entered via the
"Preferences"-icon on the main menu and then "Saving books to disk", there I used the
{author_sort}/{series}/{title} - {series_index}
template.

My device is a Hanlin V3
Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I'm working with a differtent language so I'll try to explain where I've changed things.
The first template was enterd by clicking the "Device"-icon on the main menu-bar and the selecting "configure this device" and changing the last feel "Save tamplate".

The second one was enterd by using the "Preferences"-icon on the main menu and then "Sending books to device" and changing the entry "Save Template".

"Preferences"-icon on the main menu and then "Saving books to disk", there I used the
template.

My device is a Hanlin V3
Ducks PEz is a Hanlin V5: uses same rules as the V3

You really don't want the title before Series_index (for any series other that Sue Graftons Alphabet Murders )
The template in the first post:
1) sorts properly by series Index
2) ignores the Author (Many series have different Author(s) )and can end up in completely

BTW I have a NoSeries folder different Author_sort folders, that is sorted by Author when there is no series assigned.
See the tree in the screen capture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Series-NoSeriesFolders.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	90896  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:

template.

My device is a Hanlin V3
check the hanlin v3 plugin and if send to template is saved in it. Calibre ignores the main send to device template if it is set for that device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	203
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	90900  
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
antoon

Aha, good thinking.
But allas, the Halin V3 plugin has my template with the "X" in it and the Halin V5 the one with the "A" and "B" in it.

I thought it would be something simple.