hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
Will the Cybook 3 will be available on or before October 31

wha t do you think?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
wha t do you think?
Okay, I placed my "Yes" bet. Now let's see if I win the pot!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
If there was a majority of "No", bookeen would wait until November
to launch it just to say they are aware of what we say here
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My prediction is that they will be taking orders by the end of October, but won't have actually started to ship the product.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
nice to see a positive outlook within the group so far

my "no" was based purely on the flakyness (sp?) of the software updates that Derek seems to have received so far and also on more than twenty years of seeing technology products from small companies get delayed a lot longer than this

i agree with Harry about them taking orders by the end of october though.
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
roncri
Enthusiast
roncri began at the beginning.

Not a chance. Taking orders... maybe. Shipping a couple hundred this year so they can say they "shipped in 2007"... maybe. Most people won't see this unit until 2008.
roncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'd say an October release is highly unlikely because they are making hardware changes now. That means Mass-Production has to be further off than 4 weeks...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
guguy
Groupie

Who told you they are maing hardware changes?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I thought Delphidb96 said that somewhere? Please correct me if I'm mistaken...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe he did say that the case on the production units would be slightly different to that of his prototype.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #11
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe he did say that the case on the production units would be slightly different to that of his prototype.
Doesn't sound like a "hardware update" to me. The production of a few sample units is a different process than mass production of retail units.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I wouldn't expect mere casing changes to necessarily cause a big delay, especially if they've been working on them since early last month.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I heard that they were building in a light...

Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I heard that they were building in a light...

Oh! I! Wish!

Yeah, I think there may be some case changes, but I don't know if there are any substantive changes to the hardware - I don't think so.

However, if they *just* made the decision to change how the case looks - matte finish vs. glossy, *NOT* putting a rubbery cover over the USB port , etc. - then the OEM hardware source may well not be set up for the changes and that may add delays. As I'm not part of the decision-making process, I'm jus guessing from what I've learned as NAEB considered the option of making our own unit.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
guguy
Groupie

I really DON'T think they are gonna change the casing to make it matte,
they are showing the gen3 on their website for months so I guess that if
they change something it will only be details, such as logos...