Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Time to separate Nook & Nook Color forums!

I am interested in what users are finding with the Nook color, but Nook threads get buried to quickly.
k
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Maybe we just need the flags like they have in the Sony forums so people can label their threads as "nook" or "nook color" and then people can filter for the threads they want to see.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
dirtygreek
dirtygreek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I agree that some separation is needed
dirtygreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
I totally agree that the forums need separating!
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
I too agree that these two should be different categories.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Totally agree - separate Nook and NookColor forums.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
44Dave
Enthusiast
44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.44Dave could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook
+1.
i'okjl'pok;
44Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I don't think we need to separate them. None of the kindle and sony has different forums for their different devices. I own both a Classic Nook and a Nook color on order. It is more convenient just to browse through one forum.

However, I do think it would be nice to have a way in the header to differentiate between the two.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
I'd like to see them split. I think there will be enough divergence of topics between the two to warrant separation.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Is this the first time the same company has come out with two devices so different from each other?

My opinion would be to keep them in the same forum together. After all, they will have shared experiences concerning the B&N online store, in-store experience, etc. I would definitely recommend some way to differentiate the threads though, asap, to make it easier to know which threads are for which device.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:34 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I think we should separate, it's annoying. And Nook questions get buried in a matter of minutes it seems. I also think the Sony should be separated better as well, but it seems to work with alot of people. So even that could work.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #12
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Yes for cripes sake, most posts are only someone wanting to crow about buying the damn thing as if being a consumer automaton is something to bray about.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
Yes for cripes sake, most posts are only someone wanting to crow about buying the damn thing as if being a consumer automaton is something to bray about.
How does buying a nice new product make someone a consumer automaton?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
You seem bitter.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote