Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #46
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
A dropbear package for installation on memory card

Here is a package I prepared for my own convenience. Maybe it will save some peopel's precious time. This package won't copy any file to your iLiad. All your have to do is change root password.

prerequisite:
1. Have installed developer's package.
2. Have a mrxvt in your memory card.
3. Your router offers DHCP service.

Install:
1. Unzip the attached file to any place in your memory card. After unzipped, a directory "sshd" should emerge.
2. In mrxvt, execute "passwd" to change your root password. There is no old password. Just type your new password twice.
3. You can run dropbear with wired connection now. In your contentlister, go to "sshd", tap on "Enable SSH - wired". If everything goes well, you can connect iLiad from your PC using PuTTY. If you are not sure the ip address of Iliad, type "ifconfig" in mrxvt. Login with root and password.
4. For wireless connection, you have to modify "sshd\ssh-wlan-enable \run.sh" in the package. Find the line:
Quote:
/usr/bin/wireless.sh start YOUR_SSID wpa YOUR_Pre_Shared_Phrase
Replace "YOUR_SSID" with the ssid you set on your wireless AP.
For wpa, just replace "YOUR_Pre_Shared_Phrase" with plain password text (not hex code).
For wep, replace "wpa" with "wep", and replace YOUR_Pre_Shared_Phrase" with hex code.
Then your can run dropbear with wireless connection.
5. To stop dropbear and wired/wireless connection, tap on "Disable SSH" in your contentlist.

Note:
I only tested it with wireless wpa connection. For wep users, please test it yourself. I didn't test it with wired connection. But I think it should be working fine with wired connection.

Edited:
Although scp is included in my package, I didn't set PATH to it. scp cannot be called before PATH is set. If you use WinSCP, you can set PATH in command toolbar in WinSCP after connect to iLiad using ssh.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sshd.zip (102.7 KB, 752 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-05-2008 at 07:13 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #47
fodiator
fodiator began at the beginning.

Device: Irex ILiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Here is a package I prepared for my own convenience. Maybe it will save some peopel's precious time. This package won't copy any file to your iLiad. All your have to do is change root password.
Hi ericshliao, and thank you very much for this extremely helpful solution!!

Regards
Fodiator
fodiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #48
ksira
ksira began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
May I say thanks ericshliao also. I tried it out with WPA and it worked like a charm.

-Ksira
ksira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #49
Flow
Flow began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Wep works like a charm! Thanks, Eric

One question though, The iLiads IP address is not 10.0.0.200. So, I guess it's dynamic, not static.
Oh, and do I have to use Putty? Doesn't gnome-terminal/Konsole have support for OpenSSH?
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #50
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Is it only possible to connect with ethernet? I only have wireless connectivity, and even though dropbear is running, I still haven´t been able to connect to my iliad via ssh
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #51
Flow
Flow began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
WEP works here. According to earlier responses WPA works great too.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #52
maarfree
maarfree began at the beginning.

How to enable scp?

Hi,

I am lost. I have installed ericshliao's package. ssh access with putty works fine but what do I have to do to enable access with winscp?

I have tried to copy scp to /usr/local/bin (so in the PATH), no result
I have tried to add
PATH=$PATH:/path/to/scp
to run.sh, no result.
In both cases I get error 127 indicating scp is not found.

It must be very simple but I do not manage.

Tks,
Maarten
maarfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #53
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Do we really need SSH to connect wirelessly??

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone is in my case, but I never had to install SSH to be able to access my router wirelessly...
I have seen a lot of emails back and forth for a couple of months now, so I am wondering if the type and brand of the router used is not for something...
When I first got my iliad, after downloading the upgrade 2.12, I just add to configure my wireless access with the WPA password and I got connected the first time!!!
I am using a Netgear WGT 624, with WPA protection.
I will be really curious to know if anyone was able to connect with WPA protection without the SSH installed as well??

Thanks,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #54
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

SSH is not the prerequisite for iLiad to access WLAN through WPA. Maybe you mis-understood SSH's purpose.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #55
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarfree View Post
Hi,

I am lost. I have installed ericshliao's package. ssh access with putty works fine but what do I have to do to enable access with winscp?

Maarten
Try "export PATH=/media/card/programs/sshd/_usr/bin" in WinSCP command session. This line will set path to scp on your iLiad.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #56
maarfree
maarfree began at the beginning.

Solved: How to enable scp?

Well,

At the winscp session sheet I had to choose "scp" as protocol, "sftp(allow scp fallback)" did not work.

Maarten
maarfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #57
maxhyl
maxhyl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Try to connect iLiad with winscp, get a error code 127:
Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?
Do I miss something on iLiad or my pc?
maxhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #58
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhyl View Post
Try to connect iLiad with winscp, get a error code 127:
Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?
Do I miss something on iLiad or my pc?
It's not running sftp, it's ssh only. Change the connection type in winscp, and you should be fine.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #59
maxhyl
maxhyl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Thanks Adam. B!
Do as much as I can but still the same, NO WORK!
I give it up.
I just want to move a font file from CF card to /home/root/.fonts/
how can we do with mrxvt command?(maybe easier for you)
The whole THREE DAYS on try to connect the iLiad to pc, I don't want to try it anymore, just let it be.
Thank you again and hope you can give me an instruction.
maxhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #60
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Adam expertise requested

Hi Adam,

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I know that this might not be the right place for this post, but a few months ago I sent a request for help that you might have missed with all the posts and emails that you are dealing with on this forum..so I thought that I might get your attention by writing here..This was related to Wikipedia and the Thread was: Mounting/Recognizing ext2 CF card. I will really appreciate if you could take a look at my last comment/question and the file that I did attach on this particular thread.

Thank you very much by anticipation.

Take good care!

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote