Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
hover
hover began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Multiline Regex Footer

Hey,

since many hours im trying to cut the page number of an ebook with the "footer remove" option.
Code:
4&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<hr>
<A name=5></a>&nbsp;<br>
PROLOG &nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
This is the code i try to cut and i fail because there are multiple lines.

I have searched this board and many other regex, but didnt find a solution.
My tries so far:
Code:
(?m)((&nbsp;<br>)(<hr>))
Code:
^((\d+&nbsp;<br>)\n(&nbsp;<br>)\n(<hr>)\n(<A name=\d+</a>&nbsp;<br>))^
I tried them in every possible constelation, but i think that this calibre regex blocks multiline?

Thanks for answers!
hover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hover View Post
I tried them in every possible constelation, but i think that this calibre regex blocks multiline?
Multi line works fine but you need to check what kind of line ending is being used. It could be \r\n or just \n. A way to avoid that is to use (\r\n|\n) or (\r*\n).
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
hover

Thanks for the comment, but i dont get it.
I have tried every possibility i can:
Code:
(\d+&nbsp;<br>(\r\n)&nbsp;<br>(\r\n)<hr>)
(\d+&nbsp;<br>\r\n&nbsp;<br>\r\n<hr>)
(\d+&nbsp;<br>\n&nbsp;<br>\n<hr>)
(\d+&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br><hr>)\n
((\d+&nbsp;<br>)(\r\n)(&nbsp;<br>)(\r\n)(<hr>))
nothing works, thanks

Last edited by hover; 10-25-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm... try replacing &nbsp; with .+? and see if that makes a difference.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
hover

thanks but the regex findes the &nbsp; line, if its only 1 line.
But if i go multiline, it doesnt find the 2nd and so on lines..

I have searched for hours and nobody knows how to go multiline with regex
Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Add (?m) to the start of the regex

See http://docs.python.org/library/re.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
user_none

I've made some changes to where in the conversion process the regex matches to remove the content. Subsequent versions it will work better.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #8
hover

thanks for the (?m) hint but i still dont get it:
Code:
(?m,"&nbsp;<br>\n<hr>")
(?m)(&nbsp;<br>\n<hr>)
(?m)((&nbsp;<br>)\n(<hr>))
any other clues? thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
tschan
tschan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've got the same task at hand. Matching a multiline footer. Adding "(?m)" to the beginning of the expression doesn't work either. Any ideas?
tschan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I've had quite similar problems.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Given the input
Code:
4&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<hr>
<A name=5></a>&nbsp;<br>
PROLOG &nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Try "(?m)^\d+&nbsp;<br>\s+&nbsp;<br>$". This should match the first two lines. Add grouping parentheses if you need them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote