Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #556
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
Have you considered the sodium in your Coke Zero's? They may not have any calories but they do still have sodium. I love my Diet Pepsi but I try to keep it to one can per day. Usually at lunch.

Lifestyle changes are not easy. Especially the snacking part. That's usually my downfall as well.
The only way I was able to get snacking under control was -- don't buy any. If there aren't any snack foods in the house, I can't break down & eat them. I only have Triscuits in the pantry -- nothing else. Plus I always have hard -boiled eggs for snack time.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #557
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Chi....cken eggs?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #558
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Chi....cken eggs?
Maybe snake eggs! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #559
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Maybe snake eggs! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
OMG! What supermarket do you buy them?

Noshing down on Chicken eggs now nom nom nom
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #560
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Say it isn't so!!!

Poohbear is a cannibal!!!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #561
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
OMG! What supermarket do you buy them?

Noshing down on Chicken eggs now nom nom nom
Free range!

Seriously, it's OK - they're unfertilized chicken eggs .... no relatives are killed to supply snacks ...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #562
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The only way I was able to get snacking under control was -- don't buy any.
This does make things much easier. But not really possible in my household with a hungry teenager in it. At minimum there are biscuits and apples around.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #563
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I try to keep healthy snacks around the house. I snack on fruit or some plain yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey and a handful of oatmeal in it. I avoid buying chips or any sort of salty snack. I am especially partial to chocolate, salty snacks don't tempt me much.

I've never really had any weight problems (I gained a bit when I quit smoking but I lost it quickly afterward), but I've some gained weight following some health problems this past year that I haven't been able to shed for the life of me. I've found Zumba DVDs a really fun way to get some added exercise. My husband thinks the exercise looks too strenuous (he thinks that I should rest more), but it's pretty low impact and I feel great afterward. I'm sure that I look super silly dancing, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #564
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dancing is my main (only?) exercise. Scottish Country Dancing and some Ballroom Dancing.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #565
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Dancing is my main (only?) exercise. Scottish Country Dancing and some Ballroom Dancing.
Scottish Country Dancing sounds like fun!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #566
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I heard a report on NPR - by Susan Stamberg - on her life long participation in jazzercise - which she described as "Jazzercise is, in my case, a group of women of a certain age — although there are a few young ones in the class — who kind of flounce around to so-called contemporary music." Her favorite tune = It's Raining Men.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #567
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Scottish Country Dancing sounds like fun!
It is! Although it requires a little work practising the four basic steps (a moving step and an on-the-spot step, one pair fast and one pair slow) to get the most out of it.

American Contra Dancing is also great, and has only a walking step and a spinning step, and the basic figures can be picked up in half an hour.

English Country Dancing sort of sits between the two in terms of complexity of steps and figures.

If you're in an English speaking country there's almost certain to be a group or a regular dance of one of these near you.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #568
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Never noticed this thread and maybe someone has already mentioned it...but have a few friends that run/jog 40 minutes 4 times a week and keep everything in moderation and they seem to keep the weight in check... I run about 50 to 80km a week so not a problem for me....but small runs are good as well. If you really want to put off the weight try a full marathon... I am a marathon (5 or 6 a year) runner and that keeps me thin and able to dine on almost anything all the time... as long as I keep the pints in check...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #569
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Never noticed this thread and maybe someone has already mentioned it...but have a few friends that run/jog 40 minutes 4 times a week and keep everything in moderation and they seem to keep the weight in check... I run about 50 to 80km a week so not a problem for me....but small runs are good as well. If you really want to put off the weight try a full marathon... I am a marathon (5 or 6 a year) runner and that keeps me thin and able to dine on almost anything all the time... as long as I keep the pints in check...
Even with a lot of exercise, it's possible to be overweight, although it's harder to do.

I just don't like running, so I try to watch what I eat instead.

OTOH, running's got less boring since I last did any, what with solid state MP3 players. Hmm.....
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #570
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Never noticed this thread and maybe someone has already mentioned it...
This is because this thread only shows itself to those who really need it. You seem to be the proverbial exception that you've found it anyway!

Yes, running makes a big difference when one wants to reduce weight! I must find time again for running!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote