Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Error when running on Atom D525-based DS411+II NAS server

Hello,

I installed Calibre (calibre-0.8.14-i686.tar.bz2) on my Atom-D525-based DS411+II Synology NAS by following the instruction in http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-linux-server

I also copied libc.so.6 (version 2.3.6) from /lib to /opt/calibre/ and /opt/calibre/lib/.

However when I execute any command for example "/opt/calibre/calibre --help", I get the following error message:

Code:
DiskStation>
DiskStation> /opt/calibre/calibre -h
BusyBox v1.16.1 (2011-06-29 11:52:19 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: readlink FILE

Display the value of a symlink

BusyBox v1.16.1 (2011-06-29 11:52:19 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: dirname FILENAME

Strip non-directory suffix from FILENAME

/opt/calibre/calibre: line 10: /bin/calibre: not found
DiskStation>
Please advice how to solve this problem. Thank you very much.
Aruangra
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The readlink on your system doesn't support the -e option.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Thank you for your quick reply. How can I solve this problem?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

edit the launcher scripts in /opt/calibre to not use readlink. Or compile a version of readlink that does support -e on your server.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
aruangra
Connoisseur

Thanks. I will try that!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
aruangra
Connoisseur

I modified the script as follows:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# path=`readlink -e $0`
# base=`dirname $path`
# lib=$base/lib
base=/opt/calibre
lib=/opt/calibre/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export MAGICK_HOME=$base
export MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH=$lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/config
export MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH=$lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/coders
export MAGICK_CODER_FILTER_PATH=$lib/ImageMagick-6.6.7/modules-Q16/filters
# $base/bin/calibre "$@"
/opt/calibre/bin/calibre "$@"
Then I get the following error:

Code:
DiskStation> /opt/calibre/calibre --help
/opt/calibre/bin/calibre: /opt/calibre/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/calibre/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0)
I have GLIBC 2.3.6 in the device. And the instruction says Calibre needs 2.1 or above. Please suggest me which version of Calibre supports 2.3.6. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's GLIBC 2.10 not 2.1
Old 08-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
aruangra
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's GLIBC 2.10 not 2.1
I compiled GLIBC 2.10.1 using GCC 4.2.1 (host and build = i686-pc-linux-gnu). Then I copied "libc.so.6" to calibre. I got the following error.

Code:
DiskStation> /opt/calibre/calibre --help
/opt/calibre/bin/calibre: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot handle TLS data
DiskStation>
What was wrong with compilation?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
aruangra
Connoisseur

I solve the GLIBC compilation problem by using Debian6 chroot which has GLIBC 2.11. So there is no more issue about GLIBC. However I got the following error.

Code:
root@DiskStation:/opt/calibre# /opt/calibre/calibre-server --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 55, in main
  File "site.py", line 41, in set_qt_plugin_path
ImportError: cannot import name QCoreApplication
root@DiskStation:/opt/calibre#
I use Calibre 0.8.15 (i686). What is the cause of this error?

Calibre 0.7.7 is also available in DPKG. Would it be a better solution?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
aruangra
Connoisseur

I made another progress by using "apt-get install calibre" to get all dependencies. Then I run calibre 0.8.15 by calling /opt/calibre/book-convert ***.recipes ***.epub. I can now get epub files

The problem is calibre-server. I start the server using this command:
/opt/calibre/calibre-server --with-library /opt/calibre/serve/ --daemonize
I put my EPUB files in the directory "/opt/calibre/serve/"
I got this error message on my browser:

Code:
Error: No books found
createException()@http://********.net:8080/stati/stacktrace.js:81
run(null)@http://********.net:8080/static/stacktrace.js:66
printStackTrace()@http://********.net:8080/static/stacktrace.js:57
render_error("No books found")@http://********:8080/static/browse/browse.js:134
booklist(true)@http://********.net:8080/static/browse/browse.js:271
(?)((function (selector, context){return new jQuery.fn.init(selector, context);}))@http://********:8080/browse/category/newest:33
(?)()@http://********:8080/static/jquery.js:392
DOMContentLoaded([object Event])@http://********:8080/static/jquery.js:745
Please suggest me. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
aruangra
Connoisseur

For the record, I need to add epub files to the library before starting the server:

/opt/calibre/calibredb add --with-library /opt/calibre/serve/ ****.epub

All problems were solved. Now, I can fetch news and serve epub contents on my DS411+II Synology NAS. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad you got it working.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #13
smintman
smintman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Hi aruangra, I'm a linux newbie. I would like to setup my Synology DS211j to download calibre recipes.
I'm like that you solve it. But I'm very confussed of GLIBC compilation and other steps
Could you write simple step-by-step tutorial how to do it or provide binaries? Many thanks.

Last edited by smintman; 09-14-2011 at 07:12 AM.
smintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #14
aruangra
Connoisseur

smintman,

Calibre can be run only on an Intel-based NAS. The CPU of DS211j is ARM-based. So you cannot install Calibre on the DS211j. However, I write up the instruction here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150254

Anat
Old 09-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre should run perfectly on ARM. For example someone ported parts of calibre to run on a Kindle. But you will have to compile calibre from source to create ARM binaries.