Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #46
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I am on a Mac
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #47
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
I'm testing (and liked it very much).
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #48
rhodan2000
rhodan2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I am on a Mac
Hi,

I´m on a Mac too (ok, I have a Windows-PC only for gaming). Tools like this I install on Windows 7 running virtually on my Mac with VMWare Fusion 3. It runs great. The best is in Unity-Mode you don´t even realise that the program runs in a virtual Windows, because it is fully integrated in the Mac User-Interface. You see the Windows program in your Dock as like as a Mac program
rhodan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #49
Tuba
Enthusiast
Tuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Got excited but lost interest when I saw no .azw format support. PMing you now that I see it will be added in ver 0.4.
Tuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #50
smk
smk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
How can I get a copy to test?
smk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #51
Dahaun
Dahaun began at the beginning.

I would like one, too. If you still accept new beta testers.
Dahaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #52
jimplasticguy
jimplasticguy began at the beginning.

Device: None
What I would just DROOL over is the capability to manage your collection in a functional program like this or Calibre, with the added feature of being able to print out your catalog with book cover art, book description, etc. Like you can do with Itunes for a music collection (and many other programs).

The only solution that I have found, that is not quite so elegant, is one posted on this forum to export the ISBN (works for most books, but not all on Amazon) from Calibre, then import into library thing, then do some customization, add in the missing stuff for books that are not in their database, then print an OK looking catalog with messy page breaks.

This is really nice work. Thanks to you and all the developers who share there skills to help others. Just adding my most desired software function as requested.
jimplasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #53
jacktanner
Enthusiast
jacktanner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
this sounds fantastic, but i really wish this was part of calibre rather than a separate utility. calibre already has tags that would naturally map to collections, it seems. anyway, kudos to you for working on this
jacktanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #54
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I'm glad it's not. I've tried it before for other purposes and it's bloated and overbearing for my tastes. This is small and light and does what I need -- I don't need a utility for everything. I just want a quick way to set up collections instead of having to do it on the Kindle. I look forward to this being compatible with the format that most books are going to be stored in on most Kindles...
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #55
simonk83
simonk83 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Looks great. I don't have my K3 yet, but would definitely be interested in testing - of course by the time I get my K3,you may have a version released...

Can you manually sort the books within a collection and have the sort order stick when updated on the Kindle? i.e. so it works with series.
I'm with foghat on this. I'd LOVE for this to be possible. Did you have any luck with it?

I'll shoot you a PM if you're still after testers
simonk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #56
KenAF
Kindle Addict
KenAF began at the beginning.

Well done. Looks like a wonderful program.

I would love to contribute to this effort. If you'd like another tester who uses their Kindle on a daily basis, please send me a pm.
KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #57
zhifeng
zhifeng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Need this badly to organize my 100++ books on my Kindle DX! You are the saviour!
I've sent you a PM. Thanks!
zhifeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #58
apheredia
apheredia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-950
Can I try your new app for my Kindle DX-G? Thanks...
apheredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #59
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Does this work with K3? I'd love that and love a copy. Sent a PM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #60
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Would you consider adapting your code to work with calibre, so that calibre could manage collections directly?

Kovid is very helpful and welcoming of new features, and this is something that many Kindles users have been asking for.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager