Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
miguel.ossa
voyager
miguel.ossa began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad 2d edition
IDS and MAC address

My Iliad is connecting every time it boots to the IDS server and downloading the updates and my MAC does not appear in https://myirex.irexnet.com/developer.

I've posted the problem in http://support.irexnet.com/, but nobody answer me.

What can I do?

Thanks
miguel.ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel.ossa View Post
My Iliad is connecting every time it boots to the IDS server and downloading the updates and my MAC does not appear in https://myirex.irexnet.com/developer.

I've posted the problem in http://support.irexnet.com/, but nobody answer me.

What can I do?

Thanks

Do you let it finish downloading, or are you stopping it? Usually after an update it will keep trying to connect again after a reboot in order to make sure it has the latest software. I'm not sure if IDS is still functional though, I noticed today that their main website has been taken down. It could be that the iLiad is stuck trying to connect to IDS, but can't reach it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
miguel.ossa
voyager

The download finish, then the iliad restarts, install the update, and download again, installs, etc...
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel.ossa View Post
The download finish, then the iliad restarts, install the update, and download again, installs, etc...
I'm not sure, but it sounds like something during the install is failing. Rebooting/downloading is just a side effect of that.

As far as getting it to stop, maybe the next time it tries see if you can click on the screen real quick to switch it from wireless to wired, so that it won't have a network connection. Maybe if the download fails to reach IDS it will stop the endless cycle? Not 100% sure if it gives you that screen though.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #5
miguel.ossa
voyager

I will try it (in fact, I am doing now), but really there is a problem during install, because I cannot read mobipocket, epub, etc. nothing but pdf.

Part of the problem was solved entering the password for IDS and restarting again. The device downloaded the update, but was not installed this time. I found an e-mail icon that I pressed and the iLiad restarted one more time. After that, it was not trying to connect again. But I cannot read nothing but PDF, and I think is better not to try to do nothing more. It seems stable now.

Last edited by miguel.ossa; 09-11-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Repeated reboot is most likely caused by a damaged /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml. The only way to solve the problem is reflash-from-CF with "format" option.

Mobipocket reader is not included in the CF image distributed by iRex. It can only be obtained through iDS.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
miguel.ossa
voyager

ericshliao, I did the format two or three times, with the same result.

But the problem is that IDS seems not work properly. The idea was to install the SDK to reinstall thirdy part customizations and perhaps perform some development, but I think I will survive reading only pdf at gym with this device.

I've ordered a Kindle DX Graphite from Amazon last thursday. I think it will be useful for tech documents.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Read this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=12
Old 09-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
miguel.ossa
voyager

I cannot request development package because my MAC has been removed from iliad.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
ericshliao
Guru

There is still one solution if you can borrow an iLiad with developer's package installed.
Read this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28055

Copy registry.xml from the borrowed iLiad and reflash-from-CF, then you have a clean FW with developer's package installed in you iLiad. If you want mobipocket reader, copy everything under "/home" to your iLiad. Some Linux experience is required if you want to try.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
sjampi
sjampi began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
For some raison i can't get my mac adress to myirex to. Is there someone who could put this CF image with dev.pack for download? that would be great since i know nowone who ones an iliad in my surroundings (Dronten, Flevoland, Netherlands).
Greatings Martijn
sjampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjampi View Post
For some raison i can't get my mac adress to myirex to. Is there someone who could put this CF image with dev.pack for download? that would be great since i know nowone who ones an iliad in my surroundings (Dronten, Flevoland, Netherlands).
Greatings Martijn
Did you enter your MyiRex username/password into your iLiad configuration? By default, the iLiad will connect to iDS "anonymously", but it won't register your MAC. You have to enter your MyiRex account information into the iLiad screens in order to register the MAC.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
sjampi
sjampi began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Yes, email adress and pasword into the first page of the settings.
Is there an other setting to do on the iliad? I connect wired cause i have no wireless availebel. Gr Martijn
sjampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjampi View Post
Yes, email adress and pasword into the first page of the settings.
Is there an other setting to do on the iliad? I connect wired cause i have no wireless availebel. Gr Martijn
Wired vs Wireless shouldn't make a difference. It sounds like you're setting everything you need to on the iLiad, but it's still not working. In "the old days" when this happened you would contact iRex and they would add your MAC manually to your MyiRex account. Not sure if that's still possible anymore.

Check for a PM from me though.