Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
docfrancov
docfrancov began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (Black)
Libre Pro recalling wrong e-book

So I've noticed that my Libre Pro (latest software version) seems to pull the wrong title when I go to recently read books. There is lists the last 5-6 books I read but when I push the button of the book I want to read, it takes me to the last book I read. I have to do this twice to get the correct book...Anybody having the same issue?...BTE, i took my Libre Pro on a 4 day trip and man did it rock!...I am very pleased with it!...Read more than I thought I would!
docfrancov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
TJD
TJD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfrancov View Post
So I've noticed that my Libre Pro (latest software version) seems to pull the wrong title when I go to recently read books. There is lists the last 5-6 books I read but when I push the button of the book I want to read, it takes me to the last book I read. I have to do this twice to get the correct book...Anybody having the same issue?...BTE, i took my Libre Pro on a 4 day trip and man did it rock!...I am very pleased with it!...Read more than I thought I would!
I'm having the same problem. Have to reload every title. Most of my books are in text form and I don't know if the problem is limited to text.... and I don't recall having this problem before the firmware update. Did you contact tech support?

A minor annoyance, i guess. I like the Aluratek a lot. Hope they debug this in the next update, though.

Tim
TJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
This is strange. In my libre (old firmware 0.15k), I tried opening epub and pdf books I have not opened in months and it still brings me back to the last page I read. Haven't tried txt format. In fact, interestingly, I had a public library drm-epub book that I read halfway and had to return, I erased all traces (I think) of the book from the Libre internal memory, and yesterday I re-downloaded the book from the library again, and when I opened it back up, it still went straight to the last page I read! I really like this ebook reader.

But I hope more members will report any other bugs they find in this new firmware before more folks download it.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Mahmud
Mahmud began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Over the last month I've read at least a dozen books on the Libre, and I have not encountered this error. I read epubs and pdfs (with and without DRM) and have not read any in txt. Perhaps this is an error tied to certain formats.
Mahmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
docfrancov
docfrancov began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (Black)
I got the problem with txt, epub and pdf files.
docfrancov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Is it me, or doesn't this oddly parallel recent issues with the Jetbook updates?
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
You might have a point Ken. This never used to happen to me before, but with the last firmware update its happening to me at times. I've even gone in and "cleared" recent readings list. And yet the next time I go to use it, its showing a book I read 3 weeks ago as most recent. And the old list is still in there.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I've had the "wrong e-book" problem ever since version .16. I use mainly txt, mobi, (I read mainly public domain books and have found mobi to be faster than epub) and rtf, and all the formats will mess up. Mobi doesn't mess up consistently though.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
I have this problem with HTML files only. The Libre will open the last HTML file, rather than the one I selected. I've not had this problem with epub books.
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
As far as I know I have had this problem from the beginning (Late Jan 2010) on both the JB and the ALP.

I found that it tends to happen more after a power-up (not a reset). I have been attributing it to poor internal cache management.

I found that most times it pulls up something that I have recently opened. I cannot be sure but I believe that most times it happens is when I use the corresponding "Number" to open the book. If I back-out and then use the "OK" button it opens the correct book. I have also had the "FBReader...." page come up instead of the book.

This has occurred with all the firmwares that have been installed on both devices.
For my JB that means FW .34 and lastly .35a-custom.
For my ALP that means FW .17 and lastly .17d.

I haven't paid attention to it happening for any particular type of format.
It is always the last page left in a current reading or the "FBReader..." intro page. It is never a random page in a book that hasn't been explored yet.

The "Recent Readings" List and the Bookmark List all seem to remain accurate once you get past this inconvenient hurdle.

This is why I seem to think that it is a problem with working memory management. It also occurrs across both devices which leads me to believe it is an O/S issue and not a reader software issue.

Just my opinion.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote