Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #136
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Hi Shayne! Way to embrace your shame!!!
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #137
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Hi Shayne! Way to embrace your shame!!!
Thanks! It feels shamefully good
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #138
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ooooh, fresh shameless authors! It's great to see everyone joining in the spirit of this thread!

I loved Boomerang and Xenolith and now on to Second Coming and Sentence of Marriage!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #139
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Exciting news (for me): I am featured as Suspense Magazine’s April 2010 New Author. Includes Q&A, book review and more.

Extract from the article's first page:

Quote:
“This month, Suspense Magazine came across a woman who is truly gifted. She may not have always seen herself as a writer, but her decision to give it a try is something for which I am definitely grateful. I recently had the chance to speak with New Zealand’s own Vicki Tyley, a woman I see gracing the bestseller table very soon.”
From the review:

Quote:
“Every once in awhile a reader comes across a book that takes over their life, captures their thoughts and forces them to contemplate nothing else but the characters and actions occurring upon a page. “Thin Blood”, the debut novel by Vicki Tyley is one of those incredible, thrilling reads. I came across this book almost by accident and I am so thankful for chance circumstance.

Discovering Ms. Tyley on www.goodreads.com, I looked at her website and took a quick glance at her book. The prologue was captivating; I couldn’t wait to read more. I turned the pages (online, because it’s an e-book) quicker than I have turned pages in quite some time.”
April issue on sale from March 25
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-06-2016 at 01:08 PM.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #140
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank You

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all those MR members who've supported me. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #141
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
This is so great, Vicki, and it does deserve its own thread... This thread is just a load of rubbish...

Do post it in the 'Writer's Corner'..

The only reason I checked this thread, is because I saw your name as the last poster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Exciting news (for me): I am featured as Suspense Magazine’s April 2010 New Author. Includes Q&A, book review and more.

Extract from the article's first page:

From the review:

April issue on sale from March 25
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-06-2016 at 01:09 PM.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #142
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
[QUOTE=alvico;835809]Exciting news (for me): I am featured as Suspense Magazine’s April 2010 New Author. Includes Q&A, book review and more.

Congratulations, Vicki! I agree with Lene, this rates a serious post
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #143
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
This is so great, Vicki, and it does deserve its own thread... This thread is just a load of rubbish...

Do post it in the 'Writer's Corner'..

The only reason I checked this thread, is because I saw your name as the last poster...
Thanks, Lene. I might just do that.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #144
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Congratulations, Vicki! I agree with Lene, this rates a serious post
Thanks, Shayne. Good to hear from a Kiwi.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #145
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Wow!! I just got my very first review!! 5 stars!!
Whoo, Hoo!!

Quote:
Congratulations, Vicki!

Quote:
“Every once in awhile a reader comes across a book that takes over their life, captures their thoughts and forces them to contemplate nothing else but the characters and actions occurring upon a page. “Thin Blood”, the debut novel by Vicki Tyley is one of those incredible, thrilling reads. I came across this book almost by accident and I am so thankful for chance circumstance.
What a fantastic happy chance she found you.

Thanks for posting your exciting news here.

It's nice to see authors take the time to encourage and support each other along with just having fun promoting their work.

Thin Blood is up on the list. (Hum, I'm going from apocalyptic fiction to Historical fiction, set in New Zealand, to mystery/thriller - this should be interesting. )
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #146
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Vicki,

Well done and congratulations. I hope this results in many, many more readers for you.

And thanks for placing the news here. Just because it's shameless, doesn't mean it can't be true or significant. Promote your book wherever and whenever you can.

Best,
Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #147
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all those MR members who've supported me. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

This is the right place.

Wax poetic!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #148
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Wow!!! Another (poignant) 5 star review at Amazon!!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #149
davidhburton
Addict

Vicki, great work!! And welcome to the pit of shame and debasedness!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #150
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:

Excellent! And well deserved.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo