Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Anyone Else Waiting to Buy Kindle Fire 2?

While I think the Fire is a great device, I'm waiting for one with a camera. Anyone else waiting?
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Be nice to have a microphone, also.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How about an SD Card!

I thought I read some where they were comming out with another Fire some time this year.... Anyone else know IF its true?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
The rumor is that a larger Kindle Fire is expected (think Kindle Fire DX) and that it will be more directly competitive with the ipad with more speed/memory and camera/mic/bluetooth etc. Code name is "Hollywood" which suggests more media features as well. It isn't a matter of if this is true so much as when; Amazon needs to compete with Apple, especially in the textbook market, so a larger device is critical.

Personally I'm more interested in a color e-ink or hybrid lcd screen that is readbale in daylight. I don't miss the camera or mic, and I still prefer the 7" size. But I'd prefer if it were more of a true Kindle sometimes.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think it to step wisely. Lots of competition out there now as IPAD has dropped to 59% market share last I heard and we all now there are some really nice andriod devices out there now bang for buck.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'd like to see what the next offering would be, but I'm happy with what I have right now. It works for me just fine.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I love the fire it is just about the right size. For me the IPad is to large. The largest I would use is something about the size of the Samsung 8.9.
The changes I would like are: SD card, and blood tooth. I really do not care about cameras.

Last edited by cvkemp; 01-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
There are TABLETS out there that fit most posters needs ... Why wait for the KF2 ?

I'd love the KF1 or a future KF2 for what they are ... and NOT as an iPad2 Killer for $150 or whatever it is others are dreaming of !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I love the fire it is just about the right size. For me the IPad is to large.

The changes I would like are: SD card, and blood tooth. I really do not care about cameras.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Bluetooth would be nice but I am happy with the Fire as it is. It is the perfect compliment to my Xoom 4G and the price is right. I hope Amazon doesn't ruin it by stuffing a camera in it!

Last edited by Skydog; 01-29-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I like the Kindle the way it is. You know what's funny? People are having issues with the latest Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I running on ICS. This includes the $500 devices with Bluetooth, camera, SD card. Even that Xperia Play. It runs perfectly fine on the Kindle. Under ICS even.

I would like Bluetooth, but that's pretty much it. The camera is overkill. The iPad doesn't even have a good camera. The microphone for sure though!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I played with the Fire at Best Buy and I think it's a very nice device, but unfortunately it doesn't offer the hardware I want, like SD card storage and HDMI-out, so I had to pass. If Amazon had released a full-featured, 10" tablet last month I would have given it serious consideration.

But I didn't want to wait to see if Amazon comes out with a new model. There were so many good tablet deals elsewhere last month. I lucked out and got a 10.1" 32GB Acer Iconia A500 for $230 and a 7" Acer Iconia A100 for $189. I can read my Kindle books using the app, I have access to both Android Market and Amazon Appstore, and I can use a bluetooth keyboard. I can stream Amazon instant videos to the tablet and watch them on my TV via HDMI cable. The Acer tablets do everything I need them to do, so I won't be considering a tablet from Amazon in the near future. For me, Amazon will be just a bit too late.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
enrigonz
enrigonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire |iPad 2
The Fire is great a what it does for the price it does it for.

8GB is more than enough for those that do not care about storing movies and their whole 2000000000000 music collection. There are other devices for that, I have installed a bunch of books, "useful" apps, magazines, docs, and still have plenty of storage left.

I stream most content, don't care to have it sitting taking room when I will only watch it once and be done with it. The next version of this device will more likely have better everything, it happens with everything in technology so when that time comes and you have the money, go for it, buy it if it does what you need it to do, but if you want to take advantage of a great device with much in the future for it then just spend the money and buy the Fire.
enrigonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
There are TABLETS out there that fit most posters needs ... Why wait for the KF2 ?

I'd love the KF1 or a future KF2 for what they are ... and NOT as an iPad2 Killer for $150 or whatever it is others are dreaming of !
Yep & I got one that suits me to a T
But always interesting in seeing what they will come up with next LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Bluetooth would be nice but I am happy with the Fire as it is. It is the perfect compliment to my Xoom 4G and the price is right. I hope Amazon doesn't ruin it by stuffing a camera in it!
Hello Skydog. How would a cam ruin it?
I personally prefer the 7". Its so much easier to carry around.
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote