Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Surgery in 9 days now set

Dear All:

Just a note to say that the surgeon is on the approved plan list for my insurance, the hospital is on the plan, and everything is a "GO" for July 15 at 5:30 a.m. for For Meniscus Surgery. My company has forbidden me to post for two weeks following surgery so I get complete rest. I need to be 100% in time for CES in January and that event is critical for us. We will be showing off the new and improved EZread.com there and hope to have several new radical additions to it done that will make it the overwhelming choice!

I have one request while I am gone. Please be nice to the newbies... the ones that just purchased their EZ Reader or Mentor. Welcome them to post, try to help them, make them feel great about joining our merry little band!! The strength of this dedicated forum is not me... it is all the experts on here!! The Astak Forum can do very nicely without Robertb... for it is all of you and your advice and opinions that have made this remarkable!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Get well soon...
Come back when you are ready... do not rush yourself.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Keng2000 is right. Don't rush to get back too soon. Take enough time to heal. You will do just fine and we will survive!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Looking forward to your return! Get better!
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Barb
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Good Luck Robert.... but last I knew you don't need to move your Knees to type...
Hell 2 weeks of enforced boredom might drive you crazy.
Hope you can find a good book
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Our thoughts are with you Robert! Good luck and get well!
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdragon View Post
Good Luck Robert.... but last I knew you don't need to move your Knees to type...
Hell 2 weeks of enforced boredom might drive you crazy.
Hope you can find a good book
I did not understand the "no blogging/forum writing" thing either. Probably some arcane California workers compensation law involved.

Of coarse he could always post under a

I think Robert should seriously "Gamma Test"
all those new devices that Astak is considering to bring out.

But do keep off you feet and get lots of help doing any heavier than a PEz, lifting while you are at the
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
GL with your surgery Robert & enjoy your enforced vacation, you've earned it. Spend that time resting & recuperating.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I did not understand the "no blogging/forum writing" thing either. Probably some arcane California workers compensation law involved.

Of coarse he could always post under a

I think Robert should seriously "Gamma Test"
all those new devices that Astak is considering to bring out.

But do keep off you feet and get lots of help doing any heavier than a PEz, lifting while you are at the
HAHA create a new account with the name ImNotRobertB and keep posting

I seriously agree with announcing new products (I thought I could take on this role while he is away). Such as the ST (Star Trek) Edition reader with 3D holographic display (sorry guys no colour yet, that is soooo 2011, too soon for that), or the new Twit model, supports 3G and a limit of 140 characters so you can spend your whole day just reading peoples boring twitter posts (called the Twit model because you'd have to be one to want to spend your days purely reading peoples twitter posts).

Actually looking at that I think I might leave the announcing to the professional

All seriousness Robert we'll keep the forum going while you are away, and as much as you say it is us that makes the forum a success I personally believe you have played a far greater role. Just read the number of posts of people thinking it is great to have you here - a company rep helping us out (and the number of people who bought a EZ Reader because of that).

Good luck with the surgery, you'll be up and about in no time.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feeling confident thanks to all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
HAHA create a new account with the name ImNotRobertB and keep posting

I seriously agree with announcing new products (I thought I could take on this role while he is away). Such as the ST (Star Trek) Edition reader with 3D holographic display (sorry guys no colour yet, that is soooo 2011, too soon for that), or the new Twit model, supports 3G and a limit of 140 characters so you can spend your whole day just reading peoples boring twitter posts (called the Twit model because you'd have to be one to want to spend your days purely reading peoples twitter posts).

Actually looking at that I think I might leave the announcing to the professional

All seriousness Robert we'll keep the forum going while you are away, and as much as you say it is us that makes the forum a success I personally believe you have played a far greater role. Just read the number of posts of people thinking it is great to have you here - a company rep helping us out (and the number of people who bought a EZ Reader because of that).

Good luck with the surgery, you'll be up and about in no time.
Dear All:

Well, maybe no model known as the "TWIT" coming soon... but I surely am feeling very upbeat for the surgery. My attitude is good and my confidence high and I know I have prepared well. I have stayed off the cigarettes for two weeks now and they are gone for good. My diet is far better and I have read everything there is to read about the procedure.

Maybe after I come back I can launch the new EZ Reader "Meniscus"... a special unit pre-loaded with diets, exercises, and info on surgery. It would be in blood red and come with a holder shaped like little crutches.

Seriously, the "PLUS" is about to come in; and I am dying to kick that off for you. That is a really strong unit that I feel no other designated reader can touch.

Astak is now EZRead, Inc. That is not a subtle change! Some major things are in the works. I cannot give hints yet but I feel you will be pretty astonished at how we are anything but dead!!

Thank you!~! So many well-wishers, some old friends and some very new friends. Even some that drive Pickup Trucks!! We are a great group, everyone... and the future is bright!!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:
Even some that drive Pickup Trucks!! We are a great group, everyone... and the future is bright!!
Hey, Theducks has
1994 Ford F350 1T Turbo Diesel Dually

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
mastakilla
mastakilla began at the beginning.

Device: none
Be Careful

Make sure you know what this doc is planning on doing to your knee. I have seen alot of knees go south with partial meniscectomy. If he isn't planning a "repair" and is just going to cut part of the meniscus out out your articular cartilage may be at greater risk than if you have nothing done.
mastakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post

Seriously, the "PLUS" is about to come in; and I am dying to kick that off for you. That is a really strong unit that I feel no other designated reader can touch.

Dunno whether that Pun was intentional or not but will be a while before you feel like doing any kicking i suspect.

Good Luck Robert.
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #15
Robertb

Thank you will keep eyes open

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastakilla View Post
Make sure you know what this doc is planning on doing to your knee. I have seen alot of knees go south with partial meniscectomy. If he isn't planning a "repair" and is just going to cut part of the meniscus out out your articular cartilage may be at greater risk than if you have nothing done.
Dear mastakilla:

I will keep my eyes open. I think it is a partial meniscectomy. From what I read online, 94% of partial meniscectomy eliminate the pain completely and heal far faster than a repair. IF I was younger a repair would be possible. But at my age, according to online stuff, my meniscus has deterorated with age and the blood supply may not heal it.

Tomorrow is pre-surgery appointment and I promise I will bring this up.

I have really studied hard for this and have been to about 30 professional websites. Still... your point is well taken!! Thank you!!