Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #16
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
When do you think they will be making the announcements at CES? I have been jonesing for an ebook reader and all that's stopping me from getting a Sony Daily is the hope that Astak will come out with something great with immediate availability.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #17
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oooh, I'll be in China from the 22nd. I doubt I'll see one of these, but if I do, I will pounce on it.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #18
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I've been waiting on getting a reader for myself, and from what I've read on this forum, I think Astak is the right reader for me. My limits are my location and the price of the readers. As a postgrad student, I can't spend much on it. If it turns out to be available internationally and is not too expensive, I might wait for the 9" device.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #19
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Ok, i dont know much about touchscreen tech but, whats so good about a Capacitive Multi-Touch screen instead resistive? (or any other type of touchscreen?)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #20
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
In fact I'm asking myself if and when Astak would release a 9-9.7" product of EzReader... which I think that dimension is definitely PERFECT for pdf's files...

do you know any news about?

Ciao
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #21
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
There is more about the A6 and A9 in this thread at News and Commentary.

A few of the things it mentions is that there is a gravitation sensor, dictionary and the ability to make notes in books/docs and save them.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #22
Kent Walters
Connoisseur
Kent Walters has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR1000S, Astak EZreader (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Ok, i dont know much about touchscreen tech but, whats so good about a Capacitive Multi-Touch screen instead resistive? (or any other type of touchscreen?)
zacheryjensen said it here:
Actually, Sony has not released a single reader with capacitive screens. They use resistive screens [on top of the display screen] which is why they [the displays] [look] so terrible. Capacitive screens do not require any material between you and your screen [they are behind the display screen] and thus do not cause glare or blurring. They don't work with gloved fingers but I find this to be a small sacrifice. The iPhone is an example of a device with a capacitive touch screen.

Me
The Multi-Touch versions allow the sensing of more than 1 fingertip at a time, for shrinking and etc..

Capacitive Touch gets my vote.
Kent Walters
Kent Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Question: is a Sipix screen the same as the new Pearl screen of the Kindle 3?
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Nope.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
SipIX screen and Pearl Screen different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Dear Booknut:

The Pearl is made by PVI (a screen manufacturer in Taiwan). They are one of the oldest such firms and actually invented eBook Readers 5 years or so ago. They now own E-Ink.

SipIX is made by am entirely different and relatively new manufacturer. Their screens were to have been out by now... and thyen ran into a total "hold" just before full manufacturing started. Their screens are very nice and seem to be lower in cost!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote