Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
Adobe Reader error message

When I attempt to open a book through Adobe Reader I get the message that "Adobe Reader could not open '[book name]' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."

I get this for everything I ever try to open with Adobe Reader. Nothing has opened successfully. I have tried at least a dozen different websites. The most recent was Christianbook.com, where I downloaded the free ebook "Finder's Keepers".

I've finally concluded that it can't be an issue with the files, as I had been assuming up until this point.

Anyone have any ideas?
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
I get this for everything I ever try to open with Adobe Reader. Nothing has opened successfully. I have tried at least a dozen different websites. The most recent was Christianbook.com, where I downloaded the free ebook "Finder's Keepers".
According to their website that book is a DRM'd ePub. You need to install and register Adobe Digital Editions (not Adobe Reader) in order to download and open/read it. The file you downloaded is likely the .acsm file which is a file that gives Adobe Digital Editions the info it needs to download the ePub (or PDF depending on the book).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have already installed Adobe Digital Editions and have an account there. When I double-click the downloaded link to open the ebook and get the Adobe Reader error message, Adobe Digital Editions also opens automatically, but the book never shows up there.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Miss
Connoisseur

Just to update this, I ended up getting a new computer (for other reasons) and ADE works just fine for me now. At last, now I can get down to the business of actually adding all the books I want to my ereader!