Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #721
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Getting ready to get back into the series...I stopped at 5 and am starting up book 6 in the next few weeks....I got a long way to catch up LOL
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #722
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong... I look forward to seeing her back in action! I just appreciate the break. I can't put my finger on exactly when, but I warmed up to Murphy over the last few books.

As for Morgan, he is obviously a great & dedicated Warden, but he has an unforgiving, bull headed, mean streak, and I just don't like him.

Of course, I wasn't a fan of Murphy's either and that's changed, so I guess my feelings about Morgan may change as well.
Oh, I didn't (get you wrong, that is), my comments are meant to be teasers (for everybody).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Getting ready to get back into the series...I stopped at 5 and am starting up book 6 in the next few weeks....I got a long way to catch up LOL
Well, you're almost halfway to having to wait till a new one gets written.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #723
Rick G
Renaissance Geek
Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: iPad & kindle
I'm all caught up on the Dresden books. It's probably my favorite series (albeit maybe neck and neck with Preston & Child's Pendergast series). I loved Changes. Thought it was a great book and definitely lived up to its name. That being said, I was pretty lukewarm to Ghost Story. In my opinion it is not the high point of the series, although I can appreciate the attempt at something different. However, I am most certainly eagerly awaiting whatever comes next to the world of Dresden and his friends (especially Mouse...Mouse rocks!)
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #724
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I'm all caught up on the Dresden books. It's probably my favorite series (albeit maybe neck and neck with Preston & Child's Pendergast series). I loved Changes. Thought it was a great book and definitely lived up to its name. That being said, I was pretty lukewarm to Ghost Story. In my opinion it is not the high point of the series, although I can appreciate the attempt at something different. However, I am most certainly eagerly awaiting whatever comes next to the world of Dresden and his friends (especially Mouse...Mouse rocks!)
Welcome! Yeah, Mouse is my favorite ....er dog!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #725
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Proven Guilty (Dresden # 8)

I'm now 27% into Proven Guilty.... Traitor(s), Faeries, Car Crashes, Teen Angst, Dark Magic, Movie Monsters and Flirting ...
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #726
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
I'm now 27% into Proven Guilty.... Traitor(s), Faeries, Car Crashes, Teen Angst, Dark Magic, Movie Monsters and Flirting ...
Enough of your social life, what are you reading?
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #727
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Proven Guilty (Dresden # 8)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #728
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
Heeeyyy... Who told y ... Umm ... I mean ... I have no idea what you're talking about!

* walks away whistling*
Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #729
Nyssa
Series Addict

Proven Guilty (Dresden #8)

Bob sounds different... Constantly calling Harry "Boss" and being more, perverted, lecherous, and creepy than usual.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #730
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
No more scary than the Dresden Files. Very similiar in tone without being (IMO) a ripoff or clone in any way.
I just read the first book ('The Devil You Know'), and I find it somewhat darker than the Dresden Files, but indeed quite similar. Thanks for the tip
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #731
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I decided not to get Ghost Story just yet (Don't make the same mistake I did and read the blurb for this book before finishing Changes, it ruined the ending for me).

Alan, what's your opinion on it, is it imperative that I read it before Cold Days, or do you think I can skip it?
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #732
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I decided not to get Ghost Story just yet (Don't make the same mistake I did and read the blurb for this book before finishing Changes, it ruined the ending for me).

Alan, what's your opinion on it, is it imperative that I read it before Cold Days, or do you think I can skip it?
No, don't skip it! Too much stuff is introduced in it. Also read the last story in Side Jobs between Changes and Ghost Story (and not before you finish Changes)!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-02-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #733
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
No, don't skip it! Too much stuff is introduced in it. Also read the last story in Side Jobs between Changes and Ghost Story (and not before you finish Changes)!
Ok, so I'll get Side Jobs first, then Ghost Story...at least I have a plan now, thanks Alan!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #734
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Ok, so I'll get Side Jobs first, then Ghost Story...at least I have a plan now, thanks Alan!
Yep, after you've read Changes then you can safely read anything in Side Jobs.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #735
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Ghost Story

Quote:

May I inquire as to just why you are/were considering skipping Ghost Story?

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy