Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Returned kindle: how do I de-register it from my account if it's not even on there?

I returned my KSO 3G back to Best Buy this morning. It had a defective headphone jack with left side sounding twice as loud as the right side. I did reset it and everything got wiped back to factory fresh state.

When I came home, I logged into my Amazon.com account and looked under Kindle devices. To my surprise, the Kindle wasn't even showing there. The only device showing is the Kindle reader installed on my PC.

The KSO that I returned had been used to buy a coulpe dozen books and signed up for all the special offers... so why is it not listed on my account?

I read somewhere that I should de-register a returned Kindle, but how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
A factory reset deregisters it, I believe. Was the wireless on? If it isn't on your account, it isn't registered to the account.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Best Buy may very well have de-registered it when you returned it. It can be done from the device.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post
I did reset it and everything got wiped back to factory fresh state.
...To my surprise, the Kindle wasn't even showing there. The only device showing is the Kindle reader installed on my PC.
Then you already did.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote