Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
At the moment, there are not too many that support ePub, but since that is what the iPod version of Stanza supports, I am sure there will be more sooner rather than later.

Also, I know that Feedbooks and Manybooks.net supports ePub.

--
Bill
yes, I see that many big publishers are IDPF members so they will probably push ePub format on the markert very soon:
http://www.idpf.org/membership/currentmembers.asp
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #17
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I have no problems with format support too.
I downloaded several books in rtf format from http://www.baen.com/ and after it saved it as fb2 format (via bookdesigner) that is supported by jetBook and these books looks very nice on the screen now. I really like this unit.
Since a lot of the Baen books will contain supplemental images (often maps and stuff), I tend to prefer to download in .lit, convert to html and then (after setting the maximum image height to 350) convert to pdf. Other than the slightly slow page turns (about a second.. and you can time your button press so it doesn't impact your reading) it gives a very nice reading experience.

Actually, I have to admit I like the PDFs because it gives me greater flexibility with fonts than the Jetbook has built in. Once they have been sized for the jetbook screen they are perfectly fine way to read (Though not so good if you like changing font sizes or screen orientation ). Oh, and the whole process takes maybe 5 minutes once you have it figured out. Not too bad for a book that will take me many hours to read.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Since a lot of the Baen books will contain supplemental images (often maps and stuff), I tend to prefer to download in .lit, convert to html and then (after setting the maximum image height to 350) convert to pdf.

--
Bill
Interesting. What progaram can be used to convert .lit to html?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can use the Calibre to do it.. more specifically, there is a script that is included called lit2oeb. I am not at my computer, but I think there is a lit2html script floating around that I used before I tried Calibre.

Basically either script produces a directory that has a number of files in it it including table of contents, images, and the main body of the book and supplemental information. I have a default style sheet that works well... and I can even include the cover in the first page of the PDF.

Not a bad way to read over all.

--
Bill
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned

Ok,Thanks. I will check it.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #21
bill_mchale
Wizard

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I will be glad to help.

--
Bill