Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
kcheckers

NEW! the attached no longer requires fronter - it runs native.

I removed some functionality:
No save game -> no keyboard to add a file name and cancel caused a hang
no open game -> if no save, why open
no selection of notation font -> don't need and I couldn't figure out how to change the title of the dialog

other than that, it seems to work fine. Let me know if you find an issue, OK?

original post:
I see twobob had this working (with Xephyr??) but I am trying to get this to be a regular extension.

I compiled this fine, installed fine, and can run it at the command line. When I run it through KUAL, I get this in the log:
Code:
Your Locale: "en_US" 
Prefix path: /mnt/us/extensions/kcheckers/usr 
Loading Qt translations failed. 
Loading KCheckers translations failed. 
*** glibc detected *** ./usr/kcheckers: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x000acc70 ***
Aborted
Any help?
Attached Files
File Type: zip kcheckers.zip (5.92 MB, 666 views)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 10-25-2013 at 05:57 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmmm.

Ill have a look.

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/us/extensions/kcheckers/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/kcheckers/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
export HOME=/mnt/us/extensions/kcheckers/usr
./bin/kcheckers
works okay I think.

maybe you have a stray glib kicking around.

Last edited by twobob; 09-30-2013 at 03:53 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmmm.

Ill have a look.

works okay I think.

still doesn't work for me. I have 5.3.7, maybe that's an issue?
http://cvamshi.wordpress.com/2010/04...ext-size-fast/
says maybe different glibc versions??

I'm don't really know what I'm looking for? /lib/libc.so.6? or /usr/lib/libc.so?? maybe because it's running under fronter??
Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
hmmm.

Ill have a look.

works okay I think.

Was that test done in the same environment you had pokerTH running?

The build you did of pokerTH may have installed the Qt language files, which looks to be what Brian is missing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist

those qt language files issues don't seem to be a problem as it DOES work fine if I launch it from a command line in an ssh shell. I still see those things, but it runs fine. Using fronter it show other dialogs and allows me to start a harder game or whatever. Works very well. Thought it would be easy to make a button - I guess not
Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

launch it from a command line in an ssh shell
Translates to:
'runs fine if run from a login shell' (ssh did a login when you connected.)

KUAL only provides another command line shell instance, running under the same user name that it is running under (root).
It **DOES NOT** provide a new login as user name root.
You get to code that yourself in your script.

Points to keep in mind:
*) You can always 'switch user' to the user name you already have.
*) The default user name for the 'switch user' command is 'root'.

so the command (while running as 'root' - which you are) would be:
su -l

Check if it works from a command line.
If it does, it will also work in a script to get a new 'login' shell instance.

Don't forget to 'exit' from this new shell when done, if your application does not do so for you.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Hopes dashed!! I tried your helpful suggestion:
new ssh login, su -l, then extensions/kcheckers/bin/kcheckers.sh
still same weird error as above "*** glibc detected *** ./usr/kcheckers: free(): invalid next size (fast)"

Seemed like a great idea, I don't know why it doesn't work for me still?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

did you switch out the paths like:

?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
did you switch out the paths like:

?
The new login shell **should not** inherit the existing environment - at least I don't think that it does.

you can check your environment by entering:
set
before and after the su -l (ell)

login shells also use different config files (at least bash does, not sure about Amazon Ash).
Old 10-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I see twobob had this working (with Xephyr??) but I am trying to get this to be a regular extension.

I compiled this fine, installed fine, and can run it at the command line. When I run it through KUAL, I get this in the log:
Code:
Your Locale: "en_US" 
Loading Qt translations failed. 
Loading KCheckers translations failed. 
*** glibc detected *** ./usr/kcheckers: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x000acc70 ***
Aborted
Any help?
This binary fails with the same error on my KT, even when run from command line.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
twobob

On my list of stuff to dig through then.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The new login shell **should not** inherit the existing environment - at least I don't think that it does.

you can check your environment by entering:
set
before and after the su -l (ell)

login shells also use different config files (at least bash does, not sure about Amazon Ash).
Yes I switched out the lib path, will check on the env. Thanks so much!
I just tried deleting the whole directory, ripping it fresh from Debian, and tried it again - still same error, but for the:
changing to : /usr

It's so FUN to go bug hunting, isn't it?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
twobob

like mountain climbing, but without the view
Old 10-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #14
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Yaaa! I found this error only comes up if I don't use a newer (wheezy) version of libfreetype.so.6 instead of the kindle version. So now it works fine with FRONTER and a button and everything! Now I'll have to try to do the whole rename titles and recompile stuff like twobob does... a big project for me! But of course now I can play checkers in the meantime
ut oh! it's in QT, not GTK...

working version is in first post.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 10-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Nice job, it works!

Even if it doesn't look so good on Kindle PW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_08T12_44_25+0200.png
Views:	498
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	112988  
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote