Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
saladasalad
saladasalad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kobo Wifi
Is there anyway to set a static IP address on the Kobo Wifi?

Pretty straightforward question, I like to give all devices on my network a static IP but I can't seem to find any way to do this on the Kobo Wifi. Am I missing something or is this just not possible?
saladasalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
Assuming it is the same as the Kobo Touch, then it appears not. My D-Link router at home has an option to "reserve" an IP address for a given MAC address, which would have the same effect as a static IP. Perhaps your router has a similar option?

On my router, I log in with username "Admin", and click on the "Network Settings". Scrolling down there is a list of "DHCP Reservations List", and a "Add/Edit DHCP Reservation" section. Hopefully yours too has the same capability.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
saladasalad
saladasalad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kobo Wifi
Ah yes, I can do that in my router. I'd prefer to not use DHCP but your method does give me a "static" IP. It's a shame that I can't do it in the Kobo firmware, it seems like a pretty simple feature. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it
saladasalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by saladasalad View Post
Pretty straightforward question, I like to give all devices on my network a static IP but I can't seem to find any way to do this on the Kobo Wifi. Am I missing something or is this just not possible?
You can set your router to assign a static ip for your kobo. At least I can my Cisco E2500... find it very important when setting port forwarding and bandwidth allocation for my Nettalk wifi duo.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote