Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
which version to buy

I have a Kindle touch so it has been easy just grab the mobi version. But now my husband is getting a tablet for ereading. We will share some books. I gather download anything to my computer via my computer and upload using calibre to both my kindle and his tablet. But now I need to consider if continuing to download mobi versions is best. If it makes any difference the first set of books we want to both read are the double spiral wars trilogy only availiable as mobi or pdf. My daughter is reading on her galaxy and has no problems with mobi but her phone hates pdf. If that is relevant. Not sure.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'd go Mobi over PDF for regular fiction. IMO for most fiction Mobi vs ePub doesn't really make any difference either (unless he prefers one reading app to another). I'd keep things simple to start with and have him use the Kindle app with Mobi and see how it goes. If he doesn't like that you can explore an ePub reader like Mantano and go from there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
thank you ")
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd go ePub when possible. That way if someday you ever decide to get a reader that's not a Kindle, you'll have content.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd go ePub when possible. That way if someday you ever decide to get a reader that's not a Kindle, you'll have content.
Not a very helpful post when the Original poster said they already had a Kindle. I doubt they care what you would do since you wouldn't have bought a Kindle in the first place.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I have a Kindle touch so it has been easy just grab the mobi version. But now my husband is getting a tablet for ereading. We will share some books. I gather download anything to my computer via my computer and upload using calibre to both my kindle and his tablet. But now I need to consider if continuing to download mobi versions is best. If it makes any difference the first set of books we want to both read are the double spiral wars trilogy only availiable as mobi or pdf. My daughter is reading on her galaxy and has no problems with mobi but her phone hates pdf. If that is relevant. Not sure.

applesauce
Given the choice between Mobi & PDF, go Mobi. PDF is a fixed layout and it won't look all that good on your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you buy your e-books from Smashwords then you have the option of downloading the books in both E-PUB and Mobi versions so can download both.

I believe that copyright laws both e-book readers would have to be registered to the one person to allow downloading to both e-readers.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote