Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
All folders appear duplicated

I have two Asus MeMO Pads (ME173X) running Jelly Bean, and one has this problem and the other doesn't. When I try to connect to the tablet using Calibre, I get an hourglass, and after an extended time an error connecting to device message. If I view the device using Windows Explorer, there appear to be two copies of each folder.

If I restart the tablet, everything is back to normal, and I'm able to connect and transfer my books with no problems.

Anybody have any ideas what might be happening and how to take care of it? Do I have a corrupted file system or some sort of weird hardware problem?

I haven't tried doing a factory reset and re-installing everything but I guess that's a possibility. It's just kind of a PITA, so I figured I'd check with the experts first.

Thanks,
Andy
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It certainly sounds as if a corrupted file system is highly likely to be the cause. I suspect you're going to have to do a "Factory Reset" of the device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Android has a really confusing filesystem and it appears to be different on different devices this is one reason I like to stick to SD cards for my own files but even with that you can find the same folders under things like 0/ or storage/ or sd/ it's really just a confusing mess.

My advice buy a device with an SD card and treat the internal storage for only installing apps.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
My advice buy a device with an SD card and treat the internal storage for only installing apps.
Well, I'm no expert in this area, but that seems to be a drastic solution. I've owned two Android devices and have not seen this particular problem. At the very least, I would try Harry's advice of a factory reset before abandoning the device completely.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I was planning to buy a cheap-ish tablet just for my reading needs. And to watch the occasional movies and shows. I used to own a Kobo Glo but it broke. Now I'm just using my phone to read my books.

Another possible solution is to try installing Calibre Companion. It's a really great app that syncs all metadata (at least the one you choose to sync) from Calibre. It sort of acts as your mobile Calibre (although you can't edit the metadata). I haven't had any problems connecting my device to Calibre using CC before.

Asus was actually one of my options if I ever do decide to buy one.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Thanks for the input, guys. I copied off all my files, did a factory reset and copied everything back. Everything seems to be fine, except for an annoying beep I haven't been able to diagnose yet. It's always something.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote